Locating better insurance prices for a Mazda 2 in Colorado can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can follow these tips to make it easier. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance so you're going to learn the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a Mazda and get the lowest price.
It's shocking but the vast majority of drivers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Consumers in America could save up to 46.5% every year, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they switch to a new company.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Fort Collins is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you have insurance now or want to find a cheaper company, you can use these tips to find the best rates without reducing protection. Drivers just have to learn the most time-saving way to compare rate quotes using one simple form.
The best way to compare rate quotes for Mazda 2 insurance in Fort Collins utilizes the fact most larger insurance companies provide online access to provide you with a free rate quote. To get started, all you need to do is give them rating details such as if you lease or own, the ages of drivers, how much coverage you want, and the year, make and model of vehicles. That information gets sent immediately to multiple top-rated companies and they return quotes very quickly.
To find the cheapest Mazda 2 insurance rates, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Fort Collins.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the most affordable price.
Get lower-cost Mazda 2 insurance in Fort Collins with discounts
Car insurance companies don't list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Fort Collins car insurance online.
- Passive Restraints - Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Resident Student - College-age children who are attending college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Clubs and Organizations - Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower car insurance rates.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- E-sign Discounts - A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for completing your application digitally online.
- Data Collection Discounts - Policyholders that allow companies to spy on their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm's In-Drive may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Fort Collins car insurance with select insurance companies.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren't that generous. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut the amount you pay for coverage.
Some companies that may offer these discounts are:
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in Fort Collins. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer many of these discounts in Fort Collins, click here.
Local Fort Collins auto insurance agents
Many people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Most agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to insurance agents in Fort Collins who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to you. If you need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing a company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. A good agent in Fort Collins will have answers to these questions.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Fort Collins?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
When in doubt talk to an agent
Always remember that when buying a policy, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique.
For example, these questions might point out whether you might need an agent's assistance.
- What is the ISO rating for a Mazda 2?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- What is an umbrella policy?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Insurance coverage specifics
Having a good grasp of insurance can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses such as prosthetic devices, rehabilitation expenses and X-ray expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/15 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability insurance covers claims such as loss of income, structural damage and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy as large an amount as possible. Colorado state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/15 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage covers damage to your 2 caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building, rolling your car, scraping a guard rail and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your 2 to save money on collision insurance.
This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from flooding, falling objects and a broken windshield. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle's value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (25/50/15 in Colorado), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Find cheap rates by being thorough
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, high prices, lack of trust in their agent and not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new auto insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured cut collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to find cheap Mazda 2 insurance in Fort Collins. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Auto Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Teachers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Brighton, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)