How many times have you told yourself to find cheaper Jeep Liberty insurance in Denver? Shopping for affordable Jeep Liberty insurance rates in Denver can seem difficult if you've never received online rate quotes. Don't let the process intimidate you because there is an easy way to compare rates for Jeep Liberty insurance in Denver.
Amazingly, nearly 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and just under half have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,813, Colorado drivers can save about $610 each year, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
You should make it a habit to compare rates once or twice a year because insurance prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the best deal on Jeep Liberty insurance in Denver at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we're going to demonstrate how to use the internet to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
What Impacts Jeep Liberty Insurance Costs?
Lots of things are used when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find better insurance rates.
The list below includes some of the things used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- Liability coverage limits on your policy - Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever you are ruled to be at fault for an accident. Your policy's liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Prices may be lower depending on your job - Careers such as military generals, business owners and emergency personnel are shown to have the highest rates in part from high stress levels and lengthy work days. On the other hand, careers like actors, engineers and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
- You might have higher costs if you are single - Getting married may earn you lower rates on your insurance policy. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially and insurance companies like that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Lower rates come with age - Teen drivers in Colorado tend to be careless and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
- The more you drive the more you pay - The more you drive in a year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers charge rates based on their usage. Autos that have low annual miles cost less to insure than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having the wrong rating on your Liberty may be costing you higher rates. It's a good idea to make sure your insurance policy reflects the correct usage.
- Deter vehicle theft - Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent your car from being stolen.
Compare Denver Jeep Liberty insurance rate quotes online
To get affordable Jeep Liberty insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to get quotes from all the different companies. The easiest way to find cheaper Jeep Liberty rates involves getting comparison quotes online. Keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding a better price.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Liberty Sport 2WD||$226||$440||$396||$24||$118||$1,204||$100|
|Liberty Limited 2WD||$190||$298||$368||$22||$110||$988||$82|
|Liberty Renegade 4WD||$190||$312||$396||$24||$118||$1,040||$87|
|Liberty Sport 4WD||$192||$236||$460||$28||$138||$1,054||$88|
|Liberty Limited 4WD||$302||$546||$352||$20||$106||$1,326||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can decrease or increase prices noticeably.
Jeep Liberty insurance rates: Men versus women
The example below shows the difference between Jeep Liberty insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Even though Denver Liberty insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a lienholder, it's guaranteed your bank will require that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Jeep for a lot more money and require you to pay for it.
Third, auto insurance protects both your Jeep Liberty and your personal assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so it's very important to do a rate comparison every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Get cheaper Jeep Liberty insurance in Denver with discounts
Auto insurance is expensive, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but a few must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- Driver's Education for Students - Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver's education class in high school.
- Telematics Data - Policyholders that allow driving data submission to analyze their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Progressive's Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Senior Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for better auto insurance rates.
- No Claims - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Early Signing - Some auto insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to your current Liberty insurance policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Low Mileage - Driving fewer miles could qualify for discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Pay Early and Save - By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Professional Memberships - Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next auto insurance statement.
Don't be shocked that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you could get a free auto insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
A list of auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for youthful driver, safe driver, 55 and retired, good student, and renewal discount.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple autos, driver's education, good student, accident-free, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Allstate offers discounts including premier discount, premier plus, early signing, good payer, and FullPay discount.
- Nationwide discounts include business or organization, anti-theft, good student, accident-free, multi-policy, and family plan.
- MetLife has discounts for claim-free, good driver, multi-policy, accident-free, good student, defensive driver
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in your area. To view auto insurance companies who offer discounts in Denver, follow this link.
When to have guidance from an agent
A small number of people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your business. You won't even need to visit any agencies because prices are sent directly to you. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
When finding a reputable agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures to choose from. Auto insurance policy providers are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are usually well trained on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Denver willing to provide rate quotes.
- State Farm: Charles Insurance Agency
1165 S Broadway #114 - Denver, CO 80210 - (303) 777-7161 - View Map
- Austin Domsch - State Farm Insurance Agent
400 S Colorado Blvd #890 - Denver, CO 80246 - (303) 321-0895 - View Map
- Tiffany Meidinger - State Farm Insurance Agent
1100 Acoma St - Denver, CO 80204 - (720) 508-8760 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to include at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. Many can place coverage with small mutual carriers which can save you money.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Denver who can help you get price quotes.
- Moschetti Michael - Isu Insurance Svc Of Co
950 17th St #1000 - Denver, CO 80202 - (303) 534-2133 - View Map
- Henry Ham Agency, Inc
645 E Evans Ave - Denver, CO 80210 - (303) 744-1341 - View Map
- Longevity Insurance Brokers
100 Fillmore St - Denver, CO 80206 - (720) 209-4598 - View Map
Be persistent and save
As you restructure your insurance plan, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an insured dropped liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
More affordable auto insurance in Denver is available both online in addition to many Denver insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer rates over the internet and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to get a better price on Jeep Liberty insurance in Denver. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding low cost Denver car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located in these articles:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Grand Junction, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Thornton, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)