Want to learn the secrets to finding cheaper insurance rates in Denver, CO? Denver consumers have lots of choices when looking for low-cost Ford Taurus insurance. You can either spend your time calling around getting price quotes or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons. There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance so you're going to learn the proper way to quote coverages for a new or used Ford and locate the lowest possible price from both online companies and Denver agents.
Unbelievable but true according to a study most insurance buyers in Colorado have purchased from the same company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. The average driver in the U.S. can cut their rates by approximately $850 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don't grasp how much money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
It is always a good idea to compare prices on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance prices change regularly. Even if you got the lowest price on Ford Taurus insurance in Denver six months ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you're going to learn one of the quickest ways to save on insurance.
Companies offering Ford Taurus insurance in Colorado
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Colorado. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Taurus SEL AWD||$262||$448||$330||$20||$98||$1,158||$97|
|Taurus Limited AWD||$328||$702||$456||$28||$136||$1,650||$138|
|Taurus SHO AWD||$360||$726||$368||$22||$110||$1,586||$132|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in specific Denver garaging location which can affect premiums significantly.
Males versus Females
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Ford Taurus yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Affordable Denver car insurance rates with discounts
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but some need to be asked about before you get the savings.
- E-sign Discounts - Many car insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
- Distant Student - Older children who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car instead of a used Taurus may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Good Student - Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Denver car insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Onboard Data Collection - Drivers that enable their insurance company to look at vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Denver car insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Payment Discounts - If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
Policy discounts save money, but some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn't make money that way.
A partial list of companies who may offer most of the discounts above possibly include:
Before you buy a policy, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of providers with significant discounts in Denver, click here to view.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
When buying auto insurance it's important to understand a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating your auto insurance rates. If you know what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to big savings. Many things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, although others are not as apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
- Does your occupation raise your premiums? - Occupational choices like military generals, business owners and medical professionals tend to have the highest rates due to high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, jobs like farmers, engineers and performers pay the least.
- Use credit responsibly and save - Your credit rating can be a huge factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit history can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Ford Taurus by improving your rating. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers who have poor credit.
- Avoid auto insurance policy lapses - Driving without insurance coverage in place can get your license suspended and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Reserve auto insurance claims for larger damages - Car insurance companies in Colorado award the lowest premiums to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is intended for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Ford Taurus claim statistics - Insurance companies analyze the history of losses to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that historically have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher cost to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Ford Taurus vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Ford Taurus Models
Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Taurus 2WD 109 88 134 115 115 101 Ford Taurus 4WD 120 78 141 124 Ford Taurus SHO 4WD 143 96 185 84 103
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying your policy, there really isn't a "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Ford Taurus?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Denver insurance agency
Many people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to companies in Denver who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you would need to visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Picking the best company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
When finding a reliable insurance agency, it's helpful to know the different agency structures and how they work. Car insurance agencies are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can do a good job, but it's worth learning how they differ because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies work for only one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are highly trained on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Denver who may provide you with rate quotes.
- State Farm: Charles Insurance Agency
1165 S Broadway #114 - Denver, CO 80210 - (303) 777-7161 - View Map
- Blanca Kerschen - State Farm Insurance Agent
4840 Chambers Rd b - Denver, CO 80239 - (303) 595-9000 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: K.D. Sakraida
1932 W 33rd Ave - Denver, CO 80211 - (303) 433-2094 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Denver that can give you comparison quotes.
- Premier Group Insurance
1777 W 38th Ave #102 - Denver, CO 80211 - (303) 477-0505 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Lloyd Pro Group Agency
1400 S Columbine St - Denver, CO 80210 - (970) 230-3020 - View Map
- Insurance Town and Country
1735 E 17th Ave #3 - Denver, CO 80218 - (303) 388-7216 - View Map
Don't give up on affordable premiums
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, finding a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
We just presented many ideas to lower your Ford Taurus insurance car insurance rates in Denver. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with an unexpected company.
More affordable insurance in Denver can be found on the web and with local Denver insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers work with independent agents.
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Northglenn, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 17 Year Olds in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)