Trying to come up with a payment for expensive insurance can diminish your personal savings and make it hard to pay other bills. Getting a rate comparison is a smart way to make sure you're not throwing money away.
A recent insurance study discovered that over 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. With the average insurance premium being $1,800, Fort Collins drivers can save approximately $610 each year, but they underestimate the benefits if they just switched companies.
Due to the fact that there are so many insurance providers from which to choose, it can be impossible to locate the most cost effective insurance provider.
Get cheaper Chevy Corvette insurance rates in Fort Collins
Car insurance companies don't always publicize every available discount very well, so below is a list both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Fort Collins car insurance online.
- Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings up to 30%.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver's ed class in school.
- Online Discount - A few larger online companies provide a small discount simply for signing on their website.
- College Student Discount - Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Club Memberships - Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Fort Collins is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Fort Collins car insurance quote.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Fort Collins car insurance with some insurance companies.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance policy, you aren't that lucky.
Large insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, good student, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, multiple policy, and student away at school.
- American Family has savings for early bird, good driver, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, and defensive driver.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-car, AAA membership discount, good student, anti-theft, pay-in-full, and good driver.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, military active duty, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, air bags, membership and employees, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for good driver, multi-policy, anti-theft, professional/association, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-car, good student, switch companies, teen driver, mature driver, pay in full, and homeowner.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, good student, online signing, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
If you want low cost Fort Collins car insurance quotes, ask all the companies how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Fort Collins.
The best way to compare rates for Chevy Corvette insurance in Fort Collins is to realize car insurance companies provide online access to provide you with free rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like if it has an alarm system, whether or not you need a SR-22, the type of vehicles you drive, and how your vehicles are used. That information gets transmitted to all major companies and they provide comparison quotes quickly.
To check rates for your Chevy Corvette now, click here then complete the form.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Corvette 2-Dr Coupe||$294||$596||$222||$14||$66||$1,192||$99|
|Corvette GS 2-Dr Coupe||$382||$776||$218||$12||$66||$1,454||$121|
|Corvette 2-Dr Convertible||$314||$492||$392||$24||$118||$1,340||$112|
|Corvette GS 2-Dr Convertible||$514||$1166||$388||$22||$116||$2,206||$184|
|Corvette Z06 2-Dr Coupe||$292||$626||$280||$16||$84||$1,298||$108|
|Corvette ZR1 2-Dr Coupe||$630||$1308||$238||$14||$72||$2,262||$189|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in specific Fort Collins garaging location which can alter premiums considerably.
Physical damage deductibles
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Chevrolet Corvette annual premium costs for different age groups. The information is based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance rates based on gender in Fort Collins
The information below illustrates the comparison of Chevrolet Corvette insurance prices for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or claims, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Components of Your Chevy Corvette Insurance Costs
It's important that you understand some of the factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with cheaper rates. Lots of things are used when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although others are less obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
Better premiums on vehicles with better crash test results - Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Teenage drivers pay more - Drivers with little experience have been known to be inattentive when driving with friends so insurance rates are higher. Having to add a first-time driver onto a policy can be very expensive. Older, more experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations.
Low credit score equals high costs - Your credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your insurance rates. People with good credit tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit is not that good, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Corvette if you clean up your credit.
Commute or pleasure use - The more you drive in a year's time the more you'll pay to insure it. Almost all companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos left parked in the garage cost less to insure than those used for commuting. An incorrectly rated Corvette can cost quite a bit. Verify your declarations sheet states the proper vehicle usage.
Chevy Corvette claim statistics - Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics when they calculate premium rates for each model. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for coverage. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Chevy Corvette vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is set at 100. Numbers that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Corvette Vehicles
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Corvette 2dr||116||36||101||42||48||39|
|Chevrolet Corvette Convertible||99||25||57||36|
|Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr||176||126|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to know if you need help
When choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Do I need an insurance agency?
A small number of people just prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain lower rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to your email. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to compare rates for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an provider should depend on more than just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
If you get acceptable answers to these questions as well as affordable Chevrolet Corvette insurance rates in Fort Collins quotes, chances are good that you have found an insurance company that meets the criteria to insure your vehicles. Just remember you are able to cancel coverage at any point so never assume that you are obligated to any specific agency with no way to switch.
Why you need Corvette insurance in Colorado
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Corvette insurance, paying for auto insurance is required in Colorado but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy has a lienholder, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy for a lot more money and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $865 each year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to save money.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to reduce Chevy Corvette insurance rates online in Fort Collins. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Chevrolet Corvette insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from a small local company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
When shopping online for car insurance, it's very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
More information is located at the links below
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Veterans in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Brighton, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Ride Shares in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)