Are you searching for lower-priced Audi Q5 insurance in Colorado Springs? Searching for the most affordable Colorado Springs Audi Q5 insurance quotes can be problematic for beginners to buying their auto insurance on the web. With so many options of companies, how are consumers expected to even start to compare all the different companies and get the cheapest available price?
Unbelievably, a large majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never taken the time to shop around. U.S. drivers could pocket 47% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't believe the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
It's smart to take a look at other company's rates as often as possible since insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the best rate on Audi Q5 insurance in Colorado Springs six months ago there may be better deals available now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding Q5 insurance on the internet, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some proven techniques to reduce your auto insurance bill.
Quoting and buying more affordable policy in Colorado Springs is not as hard as you think. Just about each driver who shops for insurance will find better rates. But Colorado consumers do need to understand the methods companies use to price insurance differently because rates are impacted by many factors.
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from lots of Colorado insurance companies. The simplest method to find affordable Audi Q5 insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison. When quoting insurance, remember that comparing a large number of companies helps you find more affordable insurance.
The following companies provide quotes in Colorado. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Q5 3.2 Premium AWD||$182||$442||$456||$28||$136||$1,244||$104|
|Q5 3.2 Premium Plus AWD||$192||$360||$362||$22||$108||$1,044||$87|
|Q5 3.2 Premium Plus S-Line AWD||$334||$714||$426||$26||$128||$1,628||$136|
|Q5 3.2 Prestige AWD||$368||$822||$358||$22||$108||$1,678||$140|
|Q5 3.2 Prestige S-Line AWD||$334||$808||$426||$26||$128||$1,722||$144|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in garaging location in Colorado Springs which can raise or lower premium rates significantly.
Higher deductibles save money
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Audi Q5 insurance prices for different ages of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Audi Q5 insurance rates by gender
The chart below illustrates the difference between Audi Q5 premium costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Do you need full coverage?
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Audi Q5 insurance costs with full phyical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no exact formula to delete physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Audi Q5 book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $600 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Get lower-cost Audi Q5 insurance in Colorado Springs with discounts
Some companies don't always publicize the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you.
- Safety Course Discount - Completing a course in defensive driving can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Government Employees - Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction with some auto insurance companies.
- Renewal Discounts - A few auto insurance companies allow discounts for signing up early. You may see this discount when you get Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes online.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Seat Belt Usage - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- No Charge for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO may permit one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
It's important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, it's just not the way it works. Any amount of discount should help reduce the cost of coverage.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for type of vehicle, good student, location of vehicle, annual mileage, low natural disaster claims, and professional/association.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include switch companies, early shopping, mature driver, alternative fuel, pay in full, good student, and teen driver.
- Farm Bureau has savings for good student, multi-policy, driver training, safe driver, renewal discount, youthful driver, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple autos, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, and accident-free.
- Allstate may include discounts for eSmart discount, premier discount, farm vehicle, 55 and retired, resident student, FullPay discount, and premier plus.
- GEICO offers discounts including defensive driver, seat belt use, air bags, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, and driver training.
If you need affordable Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in Colorado Springs.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people would prefer to buy from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find better rates but also keep your business local. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Colorado Springs.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the quote information is sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to leave your computer because prices are sent to you instantly. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to compare rates from one company in particular, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Listed below are Colorado Springs auto insurance companies that may be able to provide rate quotes for Audi Q5 insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Dave Beadles - State Farm Insurance Agent
308 W Fillmore St #106 - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 632-5433 - View Map
- Brandon Sullivan - State Farm Insurance Agent
5615 Constitution Ave - Colorado Springs, CO 80915 - (719) 597-5000 - View Map
- J.R. Rodney State Farm®
1825 Main St #D - Colorado Springs, CO 80911 - (719) 392-7366 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Jim Whitlock Agency LLC
8540 Scarborough Dr Ste 220 - Colorado Springs, CO 80920 - (719) 591-6336 - View Map
Picking the best provider requires more thought than just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Does their agency support local causes in Colorado Springs?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- How often do they review coverages?
After getting satisfactory answers to any questions you may have as well as an affordable premium quote, it's a good possibility that you have found an provider that is reputable and can adequately provide auto insurance. Just remember you are able to terminate coverage whenever you want so don't feel you're contractually obligated to a policy for a certain time period.
There's no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions might point out if you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Is my trailer covered?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Colorado?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
How Car Insurance Companies Determine Audi Q5 Insurance Rates
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although others are more transparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that help determine your premiums. When you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get lower insurance prices.
Teenagers are high risk - Beginning drivers in Colorado are proven to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates. Mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, are lower risk to insure, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
Being married can save you money - Being married actually saves money on your insurance policy. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Traffic violations will cost you - Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who get license-revoking citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Low physical damage deductibles mean high premiums - Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims could be a broken side mirror, damage caused by hail, and having your car stolen. Your deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. The more damage repair cost you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your insurance will be.
Insurance loss data for an Audi Q5 - Auto insurance companies analyze historical claim data when setting rates for each model. Models that the data shows to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for coverage.
The information below illustrates the historical loss data for Audi Q5 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Values that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Audi Q5 Vehicles
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi Q5 4dr 4WD||143||96||110||61||55||78|
|Audi Q5 Hybrid 4dr 4WD||156||165|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three good reasons to insure your Audi Q5
Despite the high insurance cost for a Audi Q5 in Colorado Springs, insuring your vehicle is required in Colorado but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, it's most likely the lender will require that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Audi at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your Audi and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Audi gets damaged, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $810 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Do the work, save more money
When you buy Colorado Springs auto insurance online, it's very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
We just presented a lot of tips how to lower your Audi Q5 insurance car insurance rates in Colorado Springs. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Discount Audi Q5 insurance in Colorado Springs is possible online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies don't offer online quoting and usually these smaller providers work with local independent agencies.
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Cruze? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Teachers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)