Being forced to pay for high-priced insurance premiums can dry up your funds and make it tough to pay other bills.
It's hard to believe, but most consumers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Most drivers in Fort Collins could save $600 each year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they bought a different policy.
Vehicle owners have many auto insurance companies to pick from, and even though it's nice to have a choice, it makes it harder to find the lowest rates for Audi A4 insurance in Fort Collins.
The goal of this article is to teach you a little about how insurance works and how you can save the most money. If you have insurance now, you will surely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the concepts covered in this article. But Colorado drivers must understand how big insurance companies charge you for coverage and use this information to your advantage.
How to lower your Audi A4 insurance cost in Fort Collins, Colorado
To find the best insurance rates, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from insurance companies in your area. The simplest method to compare insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online.
Comparing rates online is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to spend your day driving to local Fort Collins insurance agencies. Buying insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you're the type of person who wants the professional guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. It is possible with some companies compare online quotes and still use a local agent. When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing more rates from different companies will increase your chances of finding lower pricing. Not every company provides online Fort Collins A4 insurance quotes, so you need to compare prices from them, too.
The following companies can provide comparison quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo Station Wagon||$388||$740||$460||$28||$138||$1,754||$146|
|A4 2.0T Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$184||$332||$358||$22||$108||$1,004||$84|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$162||$332||$396||$24||$118||$1,032||$86|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo Station Wagon||$162||$382||$368||$22||$110||$1,044||$87|
|A4 2.0T Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$202||$442||$456||$28||$136||$1,264||$105|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$216||$426||$338||$20||$100||$1,100||$92|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$576||$426||$26||$128||$1,428||$119|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo Station Wagon||$204||$382||$358||$22||$108||$1,074||$90|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige 4-Dr Sedan||$308||$616||$474||$28||$142||$1,568||$131|
|A4 2.0T Quattro Prestige Turbo 4-Dr Sedan||$332||$608||$358||$22||$108||$1,428||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in Fort Collins location which can lower or raise premiums significantly.
Poor driving habits will raise your auto insurance rates
The chart below highlights how traffic violations and accident claims increase Audi A4 insurance costs for each different age category. The rates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can raise or lower Audi A4 insurance costs for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Audi A4 insurance premiums by gender in Fort Collins
The information below illustrates the difference between Audi A4 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Do you qualify for discounts on Audi A4 insurance in Fort Collins?
Some providers do not list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the best known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Fort Collins auto insurance online.
- Active Service Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit may lower your insurance rates slightly.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Fort Collins auto insurance depending on your company.
- Payment Method - If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Multiple Cars - Insuring all your vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Smart Student Discounts - A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Safety Course Discount - Passing a safe driver course could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Anti-theft System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on A4 insurance in Fort Collins.
- Fort Collins Homeowners Pay Less - Owning a house in Fort Collins can save you money because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- E-sign Discounts - Many companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application on their website.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies aren't that generous.
Large insurance companies and their offered discounts are:
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including daytime running lights, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, air bags, anti-theft, and emergency military deployment.
- MetLife includes discounts for claim-free, good student, good driver, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-policy
- State Farm has savings for good driver, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, multiple autos, student away at school, and multiple policy.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for low natural disaster claims, multi-car, professional/association, age of vehicle, and type of vehicle.
- 21st Century offers discounts including early bird, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, automatic seat belts, and air bags.
- Allstate may include discounts for farm vehicle, teenSMART discount, anti-theft, new car, senior citizen, and safe driver.
If you need the cheapest Audi A4 rate quotes, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Discounts may not be offered in your state.
Eight Tips to Get Cheap Fort Collins Insurance Costs
When buying insurance it's important to understand some of the things that go into determining insurance rates. When you understand what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower premium levels. Many different elements are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less obvious such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
The itemized list below are a few of the "ingredients" used by companies to determine prices.
- Safety ratings are a factor - Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less passed on to you as lower rates. If the Audi A4 is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
- Keep insurance claims to a minimum - If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Colorado award the lowest premiums to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- The higher your credit rating the lower your premiums - Credit score can be a huge factor in your rate calculation. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers who have bad credit. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you may save money insuring your Audi A4 by repairing your credit.
- How many miles do you drive? - The more you drive each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies calculate prices determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. An improperly rated A4 can cost quite a bit. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating correctly shows the right rating data.
- Rates can change based on your address - Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas can save you money when talking about insurance. Urban drivers have to deal with congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Extra coverages can cost a lot - There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that may not really be needed when buying insurance. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
- Are you male or female? - The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn't mean females are better at driving than males. Females and males cause at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Young males generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore have the most expensive insurance rates.
- Liability insurance limits on your policy - Your insurance policy's liability coverage provides coverage in the event that you are determined to be liable for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Audi A4 statistical loss data - Insurers analyze the history of losses to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for specific coverages. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data for Audi A4 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is a value of 100. Numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Audi A4 Models
Specific Audi Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A4 4dr 2WD 179 107 103 80 112 100 Audi A4 4dr 4WD 160 94 118 66 68 77 Audi A4 Allroad Station Wagon 4WD 145 84 110 47 47 70
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Are auto insurance agents a thing of the past?
Many people prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local agencies is especially important in Fort Collins.
Upon completion of this quick form, your information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Fort Collins who want to provide quotes to get your business. You never need to drive around because prices are sent to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to compare rates from a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are searching for a local Fort Collins insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they work. Agencies in Fort Collins are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different auto insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, it's a good idea to contact multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Fort Collins that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
Fort Collins Insurance Agency, LLC
1730 S College Ave #202 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 222-9477 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only place business with one company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot provide other company's prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following are Fort Collins exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
Finding the right car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Auto insurance savings summarized
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to find cheap Audi A4 insurance in Fort Collins. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Fort Collins auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from the smaller companies. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
A few companies do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agencies. Low-cost Audi A4 insurance in Fort Collins is possible both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection.
Additional auto insurance information can be found at the links below
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Ken Caryl, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)