Are you searching for more competitive Acura MDX insurance in Aurora? Being forced to pay for high-priced car insurance premiums can eat up your checking account and force you to make sacrifices. Performing a rate comparison is a smart way to cut your insurance bill.
It's hard to fathom, but a large majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. Most drivers in the United States can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they think it's difficult to do a rate comparison.
Big-name insurance companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate all promote huge savings with ads and it can be hard to ignore the flashy ads and find the best price available.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes periodically because insurance prices change regularly. If you had the best rates on Acura MDX insurance in Aurora six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding MDX insurance on the internet, but you can learn some guaranteed methods to slash your car insurance rates in Aurora.
You may qualify for discounts for Acura MDX insurance in Aurora
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but less common discounts must be inquired about before you will receive the discount. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Renewal Discounts - A few insurance companies offer discounts for signing up before your current MDX insurance policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- No Accidents - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best insurance rates as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Student Driver Training - Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Save over 55 - Mature drivers could receive a small discount on rates.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims for a set time period.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, that's just not realistic. Any amount of discount will bring down your premiums.
Larger insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- The Hartford offers discounts including driver training, good student, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, bundle, anti-theft, and air bag.
- American Family may offer discounts for bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, air bags, TimeAway discount, and good student.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, and online signing.
- Travelers may have discounts that include save driver, home ownership, student away at school, IntelliDrive, driver training, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for business and professional, alternative fuel, bundle discounts, teen driver, and electronic funds transfer.
- USAA may include discounts for new vehicle, driver training, defensive driver, family discount, safe driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for newly married, newly retired, hybrid vehicle, safety features, new move discount, and preferred payment discount.
If you want affordable Acura MDX insurance quotes, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not apply to policyholders in Aurora. To see a list of insurance companies with the best Acura MDX insurance discounts in Aurora, click this link.
To get affordable Aurora car insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare rate quotes from companies that offer auto insurance in Colorado. The best way to lower the rate you pay for insurance is to use the internet to compare rates.
It's so fast and easy to compare price quotes online that it makes it obsolete to drive around to different Aurora agent offices. Doing it all online has made agencies unnecessary unless your situation requires the advice and guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. You can, however, compare online quotes but buy the policy through an agent.
It's important to know that comparing a wide range of rates increases your odds of finding more affordable insurance. Not every company does online rate quotes, so it's necessary to compare rates from them as well.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Aurora, CO. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MDX with Tech Package 4WD||$328||$608||$456||$28||$136||$1,556||$130|
|MDX with Tech/Entertainment 4WD||$332||$528||$358||$22||$108||$1,348||$112|
|MDX Advance 4WD||$328||$608||$456||$28||$136||$1,556||$130|
|MDX Advance/Entertainment 4WD||$162||$282||$330||$20||$98||$892||$74|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in garaging location in Aurora which can revise coverage prices significantly.
Auto insurance deductibles
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can raise or lower Acura MDX premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The premiums assume a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Do you need full coverage?
The example below shows the comparison of Acura MDX annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Colorado. The price estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no written rule to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Acura MDX replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders impact Acura MDX insurance premiums for different ages of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Why You Might Pay Higher Rates in Aurora
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower auto insurance prices.
The items below are some of the items used by your company to calculate premiums.
High deductibles cost less - Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your Acura. Some coverage claims would be a broken side mirror, collision with an animal, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend if a claim is determined to be covered. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
An auto insurance lapse is a bad thing - Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a guaranteed way to bump up your auto insurance costs. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage might get you a license revocation or jail time.
Big cities have higher costs - Residing in less populated areas can be a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Residents of big cities have to deal with much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer people corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Auto insurance rates and age - Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.Inexperience drivers have been known to be less responsible when behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
Married drivers pay lower prices - Your spouse can actually save you money on auto insurance. Marriage translates into being more financially stable and it's proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Acura MDX insurance loss probability - Companies factor in insurance loss information when they file their rates in each state. Models that the statistics show to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will be charged more to insure. The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Acura MDX vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probablilty for all vehiclescombined as an average is represented as 100. Values that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are 100 or greater point to more losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Acura MDX Models
|Specific Acura Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura MDX 4dr 2WD||73||80||102||63||56||63|
|Acura MDX 4dr 4WD||81||85||123||65||60||59|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When quoting and comparing the best auto insurance coverage, there really isn't a single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well. For instance, these questions might point out if you may require specific advice.
- What policy terms are available?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Aurora?
- Is my Acura MDX covered if I use it for business?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Who is covered when they drive my Acura MDX?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
If you're not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Exclusive and independent car insurance agents
Some people would rather sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local insurance agencies is definitely important in Aurora.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Aurora who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Shown below are Aurora insurance companies that may be willing to give rate quotes for Acura MDX insurance in Aurora.
BUD JUDY AGENCY, INC. (INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENCY)
2222 S Fraser St Unit 4 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 368-5839 - View Map
Choosing an insurer should depend on more than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How often do they review coverages?
After talking to the agent and getting positive responses to these questions and a low price estimate, most likely you have located an insurance company that meets your needs to provide insurance coverage. Keep in mind policyholders can terminate coverage when you choose so don't feel you're contractually obligated to your new company for the entire policy term.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Acura MDX with a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Acura for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Colorado overpays as much as $869 every year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
Some insurance providers may not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agencies. Lower-priced Acura MDX insurance in Aurora can be sourced on the web and from local agencies, so compare prices from both to have the best selection.
As you quote Aurora car insurance, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured cut full coverage and discovered at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to lower your Acura MDX insurance rates in Aurora. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Aurora car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota 4Runner? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)