No normal person likes having to buy auto insurance, especially when they could get a better deal.
Shocking but true, nearly 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Many consumers in Fort Collins could save an average of roughly 35% each year, but they just don't understand the big savings they would realize if they switch to a new company. There is such a variety of insurers to purchase coverage from, and even though it's nice to have multiple companies, lots of choices makes it harder to locate the cheapest rates for Volvo XC90 insurance in Fort Collins.
Comparison shopping for affordable car insurance policy in Fort Collins is actually quite simple. If you already have coverage or are looking for a new policy, use these cost-cutting techniques to get lower rates without having to cut coverage. Smart shoppers just need to understand the best way to shop online.
How You Can Control Volvo XC90 Insurance Costs
Lots of things are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but some are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
Small frequent claims are not good - If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in Colorado award lower rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
Annual miles is a factor - Driving a lot of miles in a year's time the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your XC90 is just wasting money. Make sure your insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle.
Additional coverages that may be costing you - Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed when buying insurance. Insurance for things like personal injury protection, death and dismemberment, and Farm Bureau memberships are examples of these. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but if you don't need them think about removing them and cutting costs.
Deter car thieves - Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Demanding occupation may mean higher rates - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Careers such as fire fighters, architects and accountants generally have higher rates than the rest of us due to stressful work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, careers like farmers, students and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
The fastest way that we advise to compare insurance rates from multiple companies utilizes the fact most of the larger companies participate in online systems to quote your coverage. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide details like driver details, whether you are single or married, if it has an alarm system, and how much you drive. Your rating data gets transmitted to multiple companies and they respond with quotes with very little delay.
To compare cheap Volvo XC90 insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Fort Collins.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Colorado. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC90 3.2 2WD||$300||$620||$426||$26||$128||$1,500||$125|
|XC90 3.2 R-Design 2WD||$310||$592||$362||$22||$108||$1,394||$116|
|XC90 3.2 AWD||$342||$620||$352||$20||$106||$1,440||$120|
|XC90 V8 AWD||$214||$416||$330||$20||$98||$1,078||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can alter auto insurance rates considerably.
Volvo XC90 insurance premiums by gender and age
The diagram below shows the difference between Volvo XC90 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can change Volvo XC90 yearly insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Impact of citations and accidents on insurance rates
The chart below highlights how traffic violations and fender-benders can raise Volvo XC90 car insurance costs for different age categories. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Why you need Volvo vehicle insurance in Colorado
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Volvo in Fort Collins, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most lenders will require that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Volvo at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your Volvo XC90. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in America overpays as much as $850 per year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Volvo XC90 insurance discounts in Fort Collins
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts that you may not even know about. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before being credited.
- Telematics Discount - Policyholders that allow driving data submission to analyze vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Professional Memberships - Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations could trigger savings on your bill.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Fort Collins car insurance quote.
- Early Signing - A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching companies prior to your current XC90 insurance policy expiration. It could save around 10% when you buy Fort Collins car insurance online.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying insurance for all your vehicles with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Pay Early and Save - By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Mature Driver Discount - Mature drivers may receive lower premium rates.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Popular auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO has savings for daytime running lights, air bags, seat belt use, membership and employees, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, and good student.
- MetLife offers discounts for claim-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, good student, good driver, accident-free
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers includes discounts for new car, good student, hybrid/electric vehicle, student away at school, and driver training.
- SAFECO discounts include homeowner, bundle discounts, safe driver, drive less, and accident prevention training.
- AAA has discounts for good student, multi-car, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
It's a good idea to ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in Fort Collins.
Comparing rates from local Fort Collins car insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Fort Collins.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to companies in Fort Collins that provide free Fort Collins car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Shown below is a list of insurance companies in Fort Collins that can give you comparison quotes for Volvo XC90 insurance in Fort Collins.
American Family Insurance - Daniel B Richmond Agency Inc.
923 E Prospect Rd - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 484-2881 - View Map
Picking the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Fort Collins?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
Cover all your bases
More affordable auto insurance in Fort Collins is available online as well as from insurance agents, so get free Fort Collins car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not have online price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
We just showed you many ways to shop for Volvo XC90 insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Fort Collins car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with the least-expected company. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Much more information about auto insurance in Colorado is located on the following sites:
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Journey in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Hybrid Vehicles in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)