Finding more affordable Volvo XC60 insurance in Fort Collins may be hard for drivers who are new to comparing prices online. People have so many companies to choose from that it can easily turn into more work than you anticipated to find the best rates.
It's shocking but nearly 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average insurance premium being $1,810, Colorado drivers can save almost 35% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don't believe the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
All major car insurance companies allow you to get pricing directly from their websites. Doing online quotes for Volvo XC60 insurance in Fort Collins doesn't take a lot of time as you simply enter the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. After you submit the form their system collects reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price.
Getting online quotes for Volvo XC60 insurance in Fort Collins makes comparing rates easy, and it's necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for lower-cost car insurance pricing.
In order to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rates from the companies below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with the insurance coverages as shown on your current policy. This makes sure you're receiving rate comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Colorado. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC60 3.2 2WD||$160||$326||$388||$22||$116||$1,012||$84|
|XC60 3.2 AWD||$184||$282||$304||$18||$92||$880||$73|
|XC60 T6 AWD AWD||$276||$534||$404||$24||$120||$1,358||$113|
|XC60 T6-R AWD AWD||$266||$492||$388||$22||$116||$1,284||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in garaging location in Fort Collins which can revise price quotes greatly.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The information below demonstrates how citations and accidents increase Volvo XC60 insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The costs are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Auto insurance premiums based on gender
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Volvo XC60 premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no accidents or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Save money by taking advantage of discounts
Some insurers don't always publicize all their discounts very well, so we took the time to find some of the more common and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Fort Collins auto insurance online. If they aren't giving you every credit you qualify for, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Participating in a course in defensive driver is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not all auto insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better auto insurance rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- Driver's Education for Students - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver's education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
- Passive Restraints - Cars that have air bags may get savings of more than 20%.
- Federal Employees - Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Paper-free Discount - Many insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce your policy premium.
Some of the larger companies that may offer most of these discounts are:
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in Fort Collins. To see a list of insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Colorado, click here.
Learn How to Get Auto Insurance for Less
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower premium levels.
Shown below are some of the items utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
- Your gender affects prices - The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn't prove that females are better at driving than males. Both genders cause auto accidents at a similar rate, but the men have costlier accidents. They also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers cause the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
- Too many policy claims will drive auto insurance rates up - If you are a frequent claim filer, you should expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Colorado provide lower rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Better auto insurance rates on safer cars - Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Your credit rating is important - Having a good credit history can be an important factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit is lower than you'd like, you may save money insuring your Volvo XC60 by repairing your credit. Insureds that have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with bad credit.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher rates - Letting your insurance expire is a fast way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Insurance losses for a Volvo XC60 - Insurance companies use historical loss data to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that are shown to have higher loss trends will have higher rates.
The table below illustrates the loss history for Volvo XC60 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Volvo XC60 Models
Specific Volvo Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo XC60 4dr 2WD 79 74 70 60 53 55 Volvo XC60 4dr 4WD 93 82 75 66 64 57
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
What if I want to buy from local Fort Collins insurance agencies?
Some consumers still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Fort Collins that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to leave your computer because prices are sent to you directly. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Fort Collins will have answers to these questions.
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Fort Collins?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
Two types of Fort Collins car insurance agents
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two types of agencies to choose from. Fort Collins agents can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Collins willing to provide price quote information.
- State Farm: Ben Parsons
2121 Midpoint Dr #301a - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 484-3600 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
2024 E Harmony Rd #120 - Fort Collins, CO 80528 - (970) 221-5230 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jing Wang
1606 S Lemay Ave #107 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 223-0808 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles through many different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Many independent agencies also insure through additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Below are Fort Collins independent agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Ameri Quote Insurance and Financial Services
1015 W Horsetooth Rd - Fort Collins, CO 80526 - (970) 221-1141 - View Map
- A Adam Sater Agency
1719 E Mulberry St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 663-5811 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Mountain Plains Agency LLC
4532 Mcmurry Ave Ste 101 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 206-0800 - View Map
After getting satisfactory answers to these questions as well as a affordable price, you may have just found an insurance agency that can provide insurance coverage.
Smart consumers save more
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers and even policy non-renewal. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
Some auto insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and many times these small insurance companies sell through independent agencies. Cheap Volvo XC60 insurance in Fort Collins can be bought on the web as well as from independent agents in Fort Collins, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
We just presented a lot of techniques to shop for Volvo XC60 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best car insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.