Locating low-cost insurance for your Volvo S60 in Colorado can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our car insurance buying tips to find lower rates.
There are more efficient ways to buy car insurance so you're going to learn the absolute fastest way to compare rates for your Volvo and find the best price possible from both online companies and Aurora agents.
Smart consumers take time to price shop coverage before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best premium rates on Volvo S60 insurance in Aurora two years ago a different company probably has better prices today. You'll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about S60 insurance online, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some great ways to reduce your car insurance bill.
Many insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm make it easy to get insurance quotes on their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Volvo S60 insurance in Aurora is quite simple because you just enter the amount of coverage you want into a form. Once entered, the system orders credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote.
The ability to get online quotes for Volvo S60 insurance in Aurora makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's very important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the lowest payment possible.
If you want to find out if lower rates are available, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. Doing this assures you're receiving a rate comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Colorado. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance just makes sense
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Volvo in Aurora, car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your S60 with a loan, almost every bank will require that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Volvo for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves both your Volvo S60 and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so it's recommended you shop around every year to save money.
How Insurers Calculate Volvo S60 Insurance Rates
It's important that you understand the rating factors that help determine your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in better insurance rates.
Raise your physical damage deductibles for better costs - Insurance for physical damage, also called 'full coverage', is used to repair damage to your Volvo. A few examples of covered claims are a broken windshield, hitting a deer, and damage from a fallen tree branch. The deductibles define the amount you are required to spend if a covered claim is submitted. The more money you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Single drivers take more risk - Getting married can actually save you money on your insurance bill. Having a significant other translates into being more responsible and statistics prove drivers who are married are more cautious.
Is car insurance cheaper for males or females? - Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both get in auto accidents at about the same rate, but men get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
A good credit rating can save money - Your credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your insurance rates. People that have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with bad credit. If your credit is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Volvo S60 if you clean up your credit.
Your address can modify price - Being located in a rural area has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. Lower population translates into fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers who live in large Colorado cities have to deal with much more traffic and more time behind the wheel. More time commuting can result in more accidents.
Safer vehicles mean better prices - Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy.
Volvo S60 insurance loss data - Insurers analyze past claim statistics when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that tend to have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher rates.
The table below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Volvo S60 vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more losses or statistically larger losses.
Volvo S60 Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volvo S60 4dr 2WD||103||85||83||76||72||65|
|Volvo S60 4dr 4WD||111||73||90||65||66|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheap Volvo S60 insurance in Aurora with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may qualify for discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but less common discounts must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Federal Employees - Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote Aurora auto insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Low annual miles could earn cheaper prices.
- Military Discounts - Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking part in a course in safe driver could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- Claim Free - Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates when compared to bad drivers.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars with the same car insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Drivers Education - Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver's education course if it's offered in school.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings as much as 30%.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Progressive and Allstate will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn't quite work that way.
Auto insurance companies that may offer quotes with most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
If you are trying to find low cost Aurora auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not apply in Aurora. For a list of insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Aurora, click this link.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When quoting and comparing a policy, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Colorado?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
When to contact an insurance agent
A small number of people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing rates online is you can get cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local. And supporting local agents is important particularly in Aurora.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Aurora who can give free rate quotes to get your business. There is no need to find an agent because prices are sent to you instantly. If you wish to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Shown below are agents in Aurora that may be willing to give comparison quotes for Volvo S60 insurance in Aurora.
- Allstate Insurance: Jeff Heinrich
5001 S Parker Rd - Aurora, CO 80015 - (303) 773-2019 - View Map
- Paul Macaluso - State Farm Insurance Agent
Ste A6, 16911 E Quincy Ave - Aurora, CO 80015 - (303) 690-6700 - View Map
- State Farm: Anne Sandoval
18511 E Hampden Ave #210 - Aurora, CO 80013 - (303) 699-8883 - View Map
- Colorado Insurance Professionals, Inc.
13693 E Iliff Ave - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 755-8600 - View Map
Picking an insurer is decision based upon more than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- How are claims handled?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Colorado?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- What company do they have the most business with?
Be persistent and save
Cheaper auto insurance in Aurora is attainable on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Aurora auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies don't offer the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
When getting Aurora auto insurance quotes online, it's a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an insured dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service, questionable increases in premium and even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, switching auto insurance companies can be less work than you think.
Additional learning opportunities
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)