Are you overwhelmed by the dozens of auto insurance sources available to you? Many other people are as well. Colorado drivers have so many sources available that it can turn into a difficult situation to find a cheaper company. Colorado Springs is the perfect city to reside in, but high auto insurance prices makes it impossible to afford enough coverage.
Unimaginable but true, most drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Drivers in Colorado Springs could save about $605 every year, but they just don't understand how much they could save if they switched.
Cheapest companies for Volkswagen Tiguan insurance
The car insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tiguan S 2WD||$152||$264||$308||$18||$92||$834||$70|
|Tiguan S 2WD||$276||$502||$308||$18||$92||$1,196||$100|
|Tiguan SE 4Motion AWD||$172||$312||$308||$18||$92||$902||$75|
|Tiguan SEL 4Motion AWD||$330||$630||$304||$18||$92||$1,374||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in Colorado Springs location which can raise or lower premium rates greatly.
Annual premiums for males compared to females
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Tiguan premium costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cost of full coverage
The example below shows the difference between Volkswagen Tiguan auto insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no definitive guideline of when to eliminate physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's assume your Volkswagen Tiguan book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $300 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
What Impacts Volkswagen Tiguan Insurance Rates?
Many factors are used when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but others are more obscure like where you live or how safe your car is.
Shown below are some of the items used by companies to determine rates.
- Avoid tickets and save - Drivers who don't get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. Even one citation may increase your cost substantially. Drivers who have received dangerous citations like DUI or reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Excellent credit saves on car insurance - Having a bad credit history is a large factor in determining what you pay. Consumers who have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims than drivers with bad credit. So if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Volkswagen Tiguan if you improve your credit rating.
- Urban areas may pay more - Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas can save you money when buying car insurance. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers who live in large Colorado cities have congested traffic and longer commute times. Higher commute times can result in more accidents.
- Do women or men drive better? - Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes cause accidents at about the same rate, but men have accidents that have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving.
- Certain jobs raise rates - Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs like judges, executives and miners usually pay the highest rates because of high stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other careers such as scientists, historians and retirees pay the least.
- Too many claims drive up premiums - Companies in Colorado generally give lower rates to insureds who are claim-free. If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Single drivers take more risk - Getting married may earn you lower rates when buying car insurance. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
- Insurance loss statistics a Volkswagen Tiguan - Companies use claims history when they calculate premium prices for each model. Models that historically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for coverage.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for Volkswagen Tiguan vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less represent a good loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Volkswagen Tiguan Insurance Claim Statistics
Specific Volkswagen Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Tiguan 4dr 2WD 84 98 67 75 91 89 Volkswagen Tiguan 4dr 4WD 93 101 85 82 80 90
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there could be available discounts that may help make it more affordable. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver's education in high school.
- Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Driver Training Discounts - Passing a course teaching defensive driver skills could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren't that lucky.
If you would like to see a list of providers with significant discounts in Colorado Springs, click this link.
Buying from insurance agencies
A small number of people just want to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Colorado Springs.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Colorado Springs that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to drive around as quotes are delivered to your email. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, just go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Listed below is a short list of auto insurance companies in Colorado Springs that are able to give comparison quotes for Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Pikes Peak Insurance Agency
2306 N Powers Blvd #120 - Colorado Springs, CO 80915 - (719) 591-4500 - View Map
- Chris Sutherland - State Farm Insurance Agent
6130 Barnes Rd #104 - Colorado Springs, CO 80922 - (719) 598-8211 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Patricia Szeredy
6632 Delmonico Dr - Colorado Springs, CO 80919 - (719) 268-0080 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Diane Christensen
1957 W Uintah St - Colorado Springs, CO 80904 - (719) 477-1636 - View Map
Deciding on a insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How long has their agency been open in Colorado Springs?
Will you really save $393 on auto insurance?
Well-known auto insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive regularly use ads on television and other media. All the companies state the claim about how much you will save if you just switch to their company. How does each company charge less that you're paying now? Here is how they do it.
Insurance companies have an ideal profile for the type of customer that will generate a profit. An example of a desirable risk should be over the age of 40, insures multiple vehicles, and drives a safe vehicle. Anybody who matches that profile receive the lowest rate quotes in Colorado Springs and is almost guaranteed to save some money.
Potential customers who do not match the requirements may be forced to pay higher premiums which leads to business going elsewhere. If you pay attention, the ads say "customers who switch" not "all people who quote" save that much. That's the way insurance companies can confidently make it sound like they have such great premium rates.
That is why it is so important to get Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes from several different companies. It's just not possible to know which insurance companies will have better car insurance rates than you're paying now.
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage, there isn't really a single plan that fits everyone. You are unique and your car insurance should unique, too. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor's mailbox?
- Who is covered when they drive my Volkswagen Tiguan?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Cheap coverage is out there
Cheap Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Colorado Springs is possible on the web as well as from independent agents in Colorado Springs, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not have online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers work with local independent agencies.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to save on Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Colorado Springs. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the better likelihood of getting affordable Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Additional detailed information is located in these articles:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Greeley, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Westminster, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)