Want to know how to find lower-priced Volkswagen CC insurance in Denver? Sick and tired of sacrificing other expenses to keep your car insured? You are in the same boat as many other drivers in Colorado.
Unbelievable but true, most Colorado auto insurance customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. Many drivers in the United States could pocket approximately 46.5% a year, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
Because there are so many companies and agents to choose from, it can be diffult for people to find the most cost effective auto insurance company.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Denver can be easy if you know a few tricks. Basically, everyone who requires lower cost auto insurance will probably get better rates. Nevertheless, Colorado car owners should learn how the larger insurance companies determine how much to charge because it can help you find the best coverage.
There are several ways of comparing price quotes from companies that offer insurance in Colorado. By far the easiest way to find competitive Volkswagen CC insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
It's so easy to compare price quotes online that it makes it obsolete to spend time driving to different Denver agent offices. Comparing Volkswagen CC insurance rate quotes online eliminates this option unless your situation requires the professional assistance of a licensed agent. However, consumers can get prices online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
Keep in mind that having more price comparisons increases your odds of finding a better price. Some regional insurers cannot provide online rate quotes, so it's necessary to compare price estimates from them as well.
The following companies provide comparison quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CC Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$264||$528||$368||$22||$110||$1,292||$108|
|CC Luxury 4-Dr Coupe||$264||$556||$396||$24||$118||$1,358||$113|
|CC VR6 Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$372||$852||$426||$26||$128||$1,804||$150|
|CC VR6 Motion 4-Dr Coupe||$378||$764||$474||$28||$142||$1,786||$149|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in garaging location in Denver which can affect insurance rates considerably.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The example below highlights how traffic violations and accidents can impact Volkswagen CC car insurance costs for different age groups. Data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance cost for men versus women
The information below shows the difference between Volkswagen CC auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The information below shows the difference between Volkswagen CC insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The premiums assume no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no definitive guideline of when to exclude comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's say your Volkswagen CC replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If it's costing in excess of $400 a year for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Auto insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Companies don't always advertise all available discounts very well, so the list below details both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Denver auto insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Use Seat Belts - Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings as much as 30%.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger insurance carriers have lower prices if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with one insurance company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Keeping the miles down on your Volkswagen may enable drivers to earn better auto insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Claim Free - Good drivers with no accidents pay less in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Driver's Education for Students - Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver's ed class if it's offered in school.
Don't be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- American Family has discounts for Steer into Savings, good student, good driver, air bags, defensive driver, and TimeAway discount.
- State Farm discounts include anti-theft, good student, multiple autos, passive restraint, and driver's education.
- 21st Century offers discounts including air bags, 55 and older, good student, theft prevention, and homeowners.
- Travelers may have discounts that include new car, continuous insurance, driver training, multi-policy, multi-car, student away at school, and payment discounts.
- GEICO includes discounts for defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, and good student.
When quoting, ask every company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies everywhere. To see a list of providers that offer discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
Car insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Denver, insuring your vehicle is required in Colorado but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your CC, most banks will require that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Volkswagen for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $820 a year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Auto insurance can get complicated
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
For example, these questions might point out whether or not you might need an agent's assistance.
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form.
Buying car insurance from Denver insurance agents
A lot of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Denver who will return price quotes for your coverage. You don't have to visit any agencies because prices are sent instantly to you. You'll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing a company should depend on more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
Listed below are Denver insurance companies that may be willing to give price quotes for Volkswagen CC insurance in Denver.