Searching for low-cost insurance for a Toyota Sienna in Colorado can normally be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to find lower rates. There are both good and bad ways to compare car insurance rates so we're going to tell you the absolute fastest way to compare rates on a Toyota and obtain the cheapest rates either online or from Denver insurance agents.
The majority of larger companies give pricing on the web. Getting Toyota Sienna insurance prices online is easy for anyone as you just type in your required coverages as requested by the quote form. Once entered, the quote system makes automated requests for reports for credit and driving violations and generates pricing information based on many factors.
Getting online rates for Toyota Sienna insurance in Denver makes it simple to compare prices and it's very important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find a lower rate.
If you want to find out how much you can save on car insurance, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy your coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you will get comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Colorado. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sienna LE AWD||$260||$536||$396||$24||$118||$1,334||$111|
|Sienna XLE AWD||$212||$492||$456||$28||$136||$1,324||$110|
|Sienna Limited AWD||$264||$528||$368||$22||$110||$1,292||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect rates significantly.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The information below illustrates the difference between Toyota Sienna annual premium costs with and without physical damage coverage. The premiums are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no definitive guideline to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Toyota Sienna settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $200 annually to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Impact of speeding/accidents on Denver auto insurance rates
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and fender-benders impact Toyota Sienna premium costs for each age group. The information is based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Toyota Sienna annual premiums for males versus females
The example below shows the comparison of Toyota Sienna insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or claims, full coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Three good reasons to insure your Toyota vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Toyota Sienna in Denver, paying for auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Toyota, almost all lenders will require that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Toyota for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Sienna greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $750 every year so compare rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Is there truth in advertising?
Consumers in Colorado can't ignore all the ads that promise big savings by Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all advertise the message about how much you will save if you get a free Denver car insurance quote and switch your policy.
It sounds good, but how can they all charge you a lower premium? This is the way they can do it.
Insurance providers provide the lowest rates for the type of insured that earns them the highest profit. An example of this type of risk profile may need to be between the ages of 40 and 55, owns a home, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Any driver who fits those characteristics is entitled to the best price and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Drivers who are not a match for those standards will have to pay more expensive rates which translates to the customer not purchasing. The wording the ads use say "drivers who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" will save that much if they switch. That's why insurance companies can state the savings. Because of these techniques, drivers should compare price quotes frequently. Because you cannot predict with any certainty which company will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Denver auto insurance discounts
Car insurance companies do not list every disount available very well, so we researched some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on auto insurance. If they aren't giving you every credit possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Save over 55 - Drivers over the age of 55 could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Life Insurance Discount - Select companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Seat Belts Save - Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Paperwork-free - A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Denver car insurance digitally online.
- Federal Employees - Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Distant Student - Children who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don't profit that way.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, passive restraint, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, and driver's education.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-theft, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, membership and employees, federal employee, good student, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include teen driver, driver training, anti-lock brakes, air bags, theft prevention, and 55 and older.
- American Family offers discounts for good student, accident-free, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, and air bags.
- The Hartford discounts include vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, defensive driver, air bag, and bundle.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-policy, education and occupation, multi-car, pay-in-full, and good driver.
Before buying, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. A few discounts may not apply in Denver.
Local Denver auto insurance agents
A lot of people just want to talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Denver that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the company have a local claim office in Denver?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- How long has their agency been in business in Denver?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
When looking for local Denver agents, it's important to understand the different types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agents in Denver can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types can sell affordable insurance policies, but it's important to point out how they are different since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company's prices and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot provide other company's prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Shown below are Denver exclusive agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
- Austin Domsch - State Farm Insurance Agent
400 S Colorado Blvd #890 - Denver, CO 80246 - (303) 321-0895 - View Map
- Stephanie Sponder - State Farm Insurance Agent
671 E 19th Ave - Denver, CO 80203 - (303) 744-0757 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Charles F. Simmons
797 S Pearl St - Denver, CO 80209 - (303) 722-0191 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to switch agencies. When comparing insurance prices, we recommend you check rates from independent agents to get the best comparison. Most independent agents also contract with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Denver willing to provide rate quotes.
- Moschetti Michael - Isu Insurance Svc Of Co
950 17th St #1000 - Denver, CO 80202 - (303) 534-2133 - View Map
- FUSA Insurance Agency
7900 E Union Ave #200 - Denver, CO 80237 - (303) 752-5806 - View Map
- Gonzalez Insurance Agency
6450 E Colfax Ave - Denver, CO 80220 - (303) 320-4901 - View Map
Be persistent to save money
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Discount Toyota Sienna insurance in Denver is available online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some auto insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
We just covered many tips how you can reduce Toyota Sienna insurance rates online in Denver. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located at these sites:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Loveland, CO? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Westminster, Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Car Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Arvada, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)