Locating the most affordable Colorado Springs Scion xD insurance quotes online can seem to be difficult for consumers that are relatively new to comparing prices on the web. With literally dozens of insurers to choose from, how are consumers expected to have a chance to compare every company to locate cheaper insurance rates?
A recent insurance study discovered that the vast majority of consumers in Colorado kept their coverage with the same insurance company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save an average of almost 46.5% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't want to spend time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will definitely be able to reduce the price you pay using the concepts covered in this article. Finding quotes for the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Colorado Springs is actually quite simple. Although Colorado drivers benefit from understanding the way companies market insurance on the web because rates are impacted by many factors.
Best companies for Scion xD insurance
The companies in the list below provide quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XD 4-Dr Hatchback||$140||$326||$456||$28||$136||$1,086||$91|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in Colorado Springs location which can decrease or increase coverage prices noticeably.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The diagram below shows how violations and accident claims can raise Scion xD auto insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The premiums assume a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Determine discounts to get cheap Colorado Springs insurance quotes
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before you get the savings.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 can get lower premium rates.
- College Student Discount - Youth drivers living away from Colorado Springs attending college and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Drivers who don't have accidents get the best insurance rates compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not really a discount, but some companies like Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven't had any claims before the accident.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Larger insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, safe vehicle, good student, passive restraint, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for homeowner, early shopping, multi-car, bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, and youthful driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, good student, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include multiple vehicles, paperless, air bags, multi-policy, and teen driver.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for bundle, air bag, defensive driver, good student, anti-theft, and driver training.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for renewal discount, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- USAA has savings for safe driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, and military installation.
It's a good idea to ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts may not be offered everywhere.
Eight factors that affect insurance costs
When buying car insurance it's important to understand the factors that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in better car insurance rates. Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although some other factors are less obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
The following are some of the factors used by companies to determine your rates.
Policy add-ons can waste money - Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages that may not really be needed on your car insurance policy. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but if they're wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Lower annual miles equals lower premium - Driving more miles every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Make sure your car insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your xD is just wasting money.
What type of car, truck or SUV do you drive? - The type of vehicle you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. Since the Scion xD is a micro-subcompact, insurance will be slightly less compared to average rates in Colorado Springs. Low performance passenger vehicles usually have the lowest premiums, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
A good credit rating can save money - Credit history will be a significant factor in determining your rates. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers with worse credit. Therefore, if your credit history can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Scion xD by taking the time to improve your credit score.
An active car insurance claims history can cost more - If you frequently file small claims, don't be surprised to see higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Colorado provide discounts to people who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Driving citations inflate rates - Attentive drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Just one speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers with dangerous violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Safer cars are cheaper to insure - Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower injury rates means less claims paid and cheaper rates on your policy.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents systems cut rates - Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder your car from being stolen.
Are insurance agents used anymore?
Some consumers still prefer to go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to leave your house as quotes are delivered directly to your email. It's the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How long has their agency been in business in Colorado Springs?
Types of auto insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents to choose from. Car insurance policy providers can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company's rates like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Colorado Springs willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Brandon Kolk - State Farm Insurance Agent
12229 Voyager Pkwy Ste 100 - Colorado Springs, CO 80921 - (719) 599-3600 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Mark Olsen
1870 Dublin Blvd e - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 593-9916 - View Map
- Brandon Sullivan - State Farm Insurance Agent
5615 Constitution Ave - Colorado Springs, CO 80915 - (719) 597-5000 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. When searching for an agent, you definitely need to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many can place coverage with smaller companies who may have lower rates.
The following is a list of independent agents in Colorado Springs that are able to give price quotes.
- O'Donnell Agency Inc
707 S Tejon St - Colorado Springs, CO 80903 - (719) 227-7100 - View Map
- Springs Insurance Brokers
1837 Austin Bluffs Pkwy #101 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 268-1300 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Jeffrey Lloyd Sudermann Agency
6455 N Union Blvd #104 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (303) 974-7676 - View Map
Quote often and quote early
When searching for affordable Scion xD insurance quotes, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheaper insurance in Colorado Springs is attainable online as well as from independent agents in Colorado Springs, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not offer online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to reduce Scion xD insurance rates online in Colorado Springs. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates are with the smaller companies.
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)