Think you have an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us, there are a lot of people in Denver just like you who feel imprisoned by their auto insurance policy.
Unbelievably, the vast majority of Colorado auto insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. U.S. drivers could save about $859 each year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates online. Many insurance companies vie for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the lowest rate possible on Scion iQ insurance in Denver.
If you have a current insurance policy or need a new policy, you can use this information to cut your premiums and possibly find even better coverage. Buying affordable insurance in Denver can be much easier if you know how to start. Vehicle owners just have to use the most effective way to shop their coverage around from many companies at once.
First Step: Get free Scion iQ insurance quotes
All the larger car insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get price estimates directly from their websites. Doing online quotes for Scion iQ insurance in Denver is possible for anyone because you just enter the coverages you want into a form. Upon sending the form, their quoting system collects your driving and credit reports and generates a price. Being able to quote online for Scion iQ insurance in Denver makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find a lower rate.
To quickly find out how much you're overpaying now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This guarantees you are getting a rate comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Car insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Even though Denver iQ insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Scion, it's guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Scion at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance protects your Scion and your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $830 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Why you might not save $479 a year
Consumers in Colorado constantly see and hear ads for car insurance savings by State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads tend to make the same promise about saving some big amount if you move your coverage to them.
How is it plausible that every one can charge you less for auto insurance?
All the different companies provide the lowest rates for the type of insured that earns them a profit. A good example of a driver they prefer could possibly be married and over the age of 30, has other policies, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. Anybody who fits that profile will get a cheap rate quote in Denver and is almost guaranteed to cut their Scion iQ insurance rates if they switch.
Consumers who are not a match for these standards will be quoted higher premiums and ends up with the prospect going elsewhere. If you pay attention, the ads say "people who switch" not "everybody who quotes" can save as much as they claim. That's why companies can truthfully make it sound like they have such great premium rates. Because every company is different, drivers should do a price quote comparison at every renewal. It is just not possible to predict which insurance companies will provide the lowest Scion iQ insurance in Denver.
Reduce your auto insurance rates with discounts
Some providers do not advertise every disount available in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Denver car insurance online. If you're not getting every credit possible, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Taking time to complete a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Online Discount - A few larger online companies provide a small discount for signing up on their website.
- Telematics Devices - Policyholders that allow driving data collection to analyze their driving habits by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Cautious Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver's education in high school.
- ABS Brakes - Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Anti-theft System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Distant College Student Discount - Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Denver and don't have a car can receive lower rates.
- Full Payment Discount - By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
To locate auto insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Denver, click here to view.
Local agents and car insurance
Some people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! Most agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is emailed to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to drive around since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurer requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- How often do they review coverages?
Auto insurance agents in Denver come in two varieties
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it's helpful to know the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both insure your vehicles properly, but it is important to understand why they differ since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Agents of this type work for only one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. They are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Denver that can give you price quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies through many different car insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
The following are Denver independent agents who can help you get price quotes.
Do I need special coverages?
Always remember that when buying your policy, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need an agent's assistance.
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Does my Scion iQ qualify for pleasure use?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- What if I total my Scion iQ and owe more than it's worth?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Smart shoppers get results
While you're price shopping online, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped full coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is not as hard as you think.
We've covered a lot of techniques to lower your Scion iQ insurance prices in Denver. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small local company.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Northglenn, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Teachers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Denver, CO? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)