Are you trying to find more affordable Porsche Boxster insurance in Denver? Pricey Porsche Boxster insurance in Denver can deplete your savings account and force you to prioritize other expenses. Comparing rate quotes is a great way to tighten up your finances.
It's shocking but a large majority of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers could cut their rates by about $850 a year, but they won't spend time to compare rates online.
Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company to get the lowest cost out there.
All major auto insurance companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm allow consumers to get coverage prices on their websites. Getting online quotes for Porsche Boxster insurance in Denver is quite simple because it's just a matter of typing in your coverage preferences on the page. After the form is submitted, the quote system will order credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote. This simplifies rate comparisons, and it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find cheap prices.
To save time and find out how much you're overpaying now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you type in deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you're receiving an apples-to-apples comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Boxster 2-Dr Convertible||$262||$514||$280||$16||$84||$1,156||$96|
|Boxster S 2-Dr Convertible||$362||$794||$388||$22||$116||$1,682||$140|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise premium rates greatly.
Impact of careless driving on auto insurance rates
The information below illustrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders impact Porsche Boxster premium costs for different age categories. The data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Gender-based auto insurance rates
The information below shows the comparison of Porsche Boxster auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but a few must be asked about before being credited.
- Save over 55 - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Telematics Data - Drivers that enable data collection to scrutinize vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm's In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Drive Less and Save - Fewer annual miles on your Porsche can qualify you for better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Putting insurance on a new Boxster is cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
The best car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for safe vehicle, good driver, passive restraint, driver's education, anti-theft, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Nationwide discounts include multi-policy, business or organization, good student, defensive driving, accident-free, anti-theft, and Farm Bureau membership.
- GEICO offers discounts including driver training, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, and military active duty.
- AAA may include discounts for education and occupation, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, good driver, pay-in-full, and multi-car.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including student driver, 55 and older, teen driver, good student, homeowners, defensive driver, and theft prevention.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include good student, bundle, defensive driver, air bag, and vehicle fuel type.
Check with every insurance company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in Denver. To see a list of insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Denver, follow this link.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Porsche in Denver, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it's guaranteed your bank will force you to have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Porsche at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Boxster definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $810 a year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Car insurance can be complex
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions could help you determine if you would benefit from professional advice.
- What if I total my Porsche Boxster and owe more than it's worth?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- What is the minimum liability in Colorado?
If you're not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Insurance is available from local insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to get advice from a local agent. The best thing about comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local agents is still important in Denver.
Upon completion of this quick form, the quote information is sent to participating agents in Denver that give free quotes for your business. You won't even need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, just visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
When finding a good Denver insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance policy providers can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you get several quotes from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Denver who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Denver willing to provide price quotes.
Picking the best insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How long has their agency been in business in Denver?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?