Looking for more competitive Porsche Boxster insurance in Colorado Springs? When searching for lower-cost insurance, are you intimidated by the sheer number of insurance choices available to you? Many other people are as well. Drivers have such a vast assortment of choices available that it is more work than you anticipated to locate the lowest premium rates for Porsche Boxster insurance in Colorado Springs. If you've ever been there, you know that Colorado Springs is a great place to live, but high insurance prices can make it very difficult to maintain proper levels of coverage.
It's astonishing, but a large majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Colorado Springs drivers could cut their rates by approximately 35% a year just by comparing rates, but they don't believe the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Locating the best rates in Colorado Springs can be much easier if you know how to start. In essence, every person who wants cheaper auto insurance most likely will find a lower-cost company. But Colorado car owners do need to understand how companies determine prices because rates fluctuate considerably.
The quickest method we recommend to compare rate quotes for Porsche Boxster insurance in Colorado Springs utilizes the fact almost all companies provide online access to provide you with a free rate quote. All consumers are required to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like how much education you have, how you use your vehicles, if it has an alarm system, and an estimate of your credit level. The rating information is automatically sent to many of the top insurers and you will get price comparisons immediately.
To compare cheap Porsche Boxster insurance rates now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Boxster 2-Dr Convertible||$238||$490||$314||$18||$94||$1,154||$96|
|Boxster S 2-Dr Convertible||$322||$696||$280||$16||$84||$1,398||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can affect premiums noticeably.
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can change Porsche Boxster insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Porsche Boxster insurance discounts in Colorado Springs
Some providers don't always list every discount very well, so below is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings.
- Driver's Ed - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver's ed class in school.
- Driver Safety - Participating in a defensive driving class could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Fewer annual miles on your Porsche could earn lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Seniors are able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Claim Free - Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- College Student Discount - Older children who live away from home to go to college and won't have access to an insured vehicle can receive lower rates.
As a footnote on discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you're out of luck.
Large auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include renewal discount, good student, safe driver, youthful driver, multi-policy, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, student away at school, good student, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Allstate offers discounts including farm vehicle, teenSMART discount, good payer, good student, senior citizen, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide may include discounts for good student, family plan, business or organization, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- MetLife offers discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, and claim-free.
Before buying, ask each insurance company the best way to save money. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in Colorado Springs. To find providers with the best Porsche Boxster insurance discounts in Colorado Springs, click here to view.
Why you need to buy insurance
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Porsche with a loan, most banks will force you to carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Porsche for a lot more money and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Porsche but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver is wasting up to $825 a year so it's important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
When it comes to choosing a policy, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone's needs are different and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions could help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- What policy terms are available?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Colorado?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Independent versus exclusive auto insurance agents
Some consumers prefer to have an agent's advice and that is not a bad decision The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company should depend on more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Colorado Springs?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
Listed below are Colorado Springs insurance companies willing to provide comparison quotes for Porsche Boxster insurance in Colorado Springs.
- American Family Insurance - Mario Aragon Agency Inc.
1135 E Fillmore St - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 570-0707 - View Map
- State Farm: Austin Morgan
1806 Dominion Way Suite A - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 630-1800 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Michael Janzen Agency Inc.
1045 W Garden of the Gods Rd Ste M - Colorado Springs, CO 80907 - (719) 528-6387 - View Map
- Springs Insurance Brokers
1837 Austin Bluffs Pkwy #101 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 268-1300 - View Map
Auto insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you'll find typical coverages offered by insurance companies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This provides protection when the "other guys" are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since many Colorado drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Colorado limits are 25/50/15), their limits can quickly be used up. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills such as rehabilitation expenses, doctor visits, nursing services, pain medications and prosthetic devices. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as falling objects, damage from getting keyed, hail damage and a broken windshield. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
This coverage pays for damage to your Boxster resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible on your Boxster to save money on collision insurance.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/15 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $15,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims like repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses, structural damage and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Colorado requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/15 but you should consider buying more coverage.