Having to pay for overpriced auto insurance in Fort Collins can bottom out your accounts and make it impossible to make ends meet. Price shopping at each renewal is an excellent way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they just feel it's too hard to compare rate quotes online. Popular companies such as Allstate and Progressive all claim big savings, bombarding you with fancy advertisements and it is challenging if not impossible to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and do the work needed to find the best deal.
The best way to compare car insurance rates for Nissan Rogue insurance in Fort Collins takes advantage of the fact most of the larger companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with free rate quotes. All you need to do is provide details like how many miles driven, your general credit rating, whether you are married, and driver details. Your insurance information is submitted instantly to many of the top insurers and they provide comparison quotes with very little delay.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter the information requested.
The following companies can provide price comparisons in Colorado. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Rogue S 2WD||$212||$388||$382||$22||$114||$1,118||$93|
|Rogue S AWD||$200||$340||$408||$24||$122||$1,094||$91|
|Rogue SL 2WD||$294||$536||$404||$24||$122||$1,380||$115|
|Rogue SL AWD||$234||$528||$416||$24||$124||$1,326||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can revise insurance rates greatly.
Auto insurance prices based on gender
The information below shows the difference between Nissan Rogue insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
The illustration below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can influence Nissan Rogue annual premium costs for each different age category. The information is based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Safe drivers pay less for auto insurance
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims impact Nissan Rogue yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Lower-cost Fort Collins car insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every discount they offer in a way that's easy to find, so below is a list both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for. If you're not getting every credit you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- New Vehicle Savings - Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Resident Student - Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Fort Collins and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Responsible Drivers - Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Driver Education Discount - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in high school.
- No Claims - Fort Collins drivers who stay claim-free pay much less in comparison to bad drivers.
- Defensive Driver - Taking a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Early Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Professional Organizations - Joining a qualifying organization could trigger savings when getting a Fort Collins auto insurance quote.
Don't be shocked that some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Larger car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, good student, multiple policy, good driver, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Esurance has discounts for homeowner, defensive driver, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, and DriveSense.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for newly retired, exclusive group savings, preferred payment discount, good student, and new vehicle discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, safe vehicle, paperless, anti-theft, group or association, mature driver, and safe driver.
- GEICO discounts include air bags, military active duty, driver training, good student, anti-lock brakes, and daytime running lights.
When getting free Fort Collins auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Fort Collins.
When to talk to an insurance agency
Many drivers prefer to have an agent's advice. Licensed agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the lowest rates and also buy local.
By using this simple form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Fort Collins that provide free Fort Collins auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right provider requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Will they give you a referral list?
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local Fort Collins insurance agency, it's important to understand the different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in Fort Collins are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can write policy coverage, but it's good to learn why they differ because it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Fort Collins who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to include price quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Fort Collins that are able to give price quotes.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to choosing coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions can help discover if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Nissan Rogue?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance policy specifics
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance aids in choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Liability auto insurance
This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other people or property by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/15 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $15,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability insurance covers claims such as emergency aid, pain and suffering and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Colorado requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/15 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Nissan Rogue.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 25/50/15), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive auto insurance
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft, hitting a bird and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills such as prosthetic devices, EMT expenses, funeral costs, hospital visits and rehabilitation expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Rogue from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things like rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible on your Rogue to get cheaper collision coverage.
Affordable auto insurance premiums are possible
We've covered a lot of ways to save on Nissan Rogue insurance in Fort Collins. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Fort Collins auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from a small local company.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it's not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, policy cancellation, poor customer service and delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)