Feel like you're a prisoner to an expensive auto insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you there are a lot of people in Colorado Springs just like you who feel imprisoned by their auto insurance policy.
Unbelievably, a large majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Consumers in Colorado could save almost 35% each year just by shopping around, but they underestimate the big savings they would realize if they switch to a new company. Due to the large number of options for buying affordable insurance for a Nissan Quest in Colorado Springs, it can be hard to pick the most affordable company.
You should make it a habit to do rate comparisons before your policy renews because prices tend to go up over time. If you had the lowest rates on Nissan Quest insurance in Colorado Springs on your last policy you can probably find a better premium rate now. Don't believe everything you read about Quest insurance online, but we're going to give you some good information on how to lower your auto insurance premiums.
Pricing cheaper protection in Colorado Springs is easy to do. If you are already insured or are looking for a new policy, you can learn to get lower rates and possibly find even better coverage. Drivers only need to know the fastest way to compare rates on the web.
Colorado Springs auto insurance discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there may be some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Braking Control Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one isn't a discount, but certain companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Insuring multiple cars with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Early Switch Discount - A few auto insurance companies allow discounts for signing up prior to your current Quest insurance policy expiring. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Payment Discounts - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Drivers Education - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver's education class if offered at their school.
- Federal Government Employee - Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Colorado Springs car insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Professional Memberships - Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings when shopping for auto insurance.
- Claim Free - Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts as compared to drivers who are more careless.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you're out of luck. But any discount will definitely lower your policy cost.
To find insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Colorado, click this link.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Find Nissan Quest Insurance More Affordably
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that help calculate your premiums. If you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with big savings. Multiple criteria are used when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
The factors shown below are a few of the things used by companies to determine your rate level.
Use one insurance company and save - The majority of insurers afford a discount for people that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be as much as ten percent or more Even if you already get this discount, it's always a smart idea to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal. You may still be able to save even more than the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
Performance affects insurance prices - The performance of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. The best insurance prices are usually for small economy passenger vehicles, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Because the Nissan Quest is classified as a van and minivan, rates will be similar in price as compared to the average rate in Colorado Springs.
Poor credit rating equals high prices - Your credit rating can be an important factor in determining what you pay. If your credit rating is lower than you'd like, you may save money insuring your Nissan Quest by repairing your credit. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower ratings.
Is auto insurance cheaper for women or men? - Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn't prove that men are WORSE drivers than women. They both have at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. They also get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
Older drivers pay less - Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible in a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher. More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and are safer drivers.
Insurance loss data for Nissan Quest vehicles - Insurance companies study historical loss data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that tend to have a trend towards higher claims will be charged more to insure. The table below demonstrates the collected loss data for Nissan Quest vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 point to more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Nissan Quest Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When choosing the best car insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Colorado?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
When to contact an agent
Some people would rather buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find the lowest rates and still have a local agent. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Colorado Springs.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to companies in Colorado Springs that can provide free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to you. In the event you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Independent or Exclusive: It's your choice
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local agent, it's helpful to know the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agents may be either exclusive or independent. Either one can do a good job, but it's good to learn the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different car insurance companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won't have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to check rates from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below is a small list of independent agents in Colorado Springs that can possibly get you free car insurance quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Colorado Springs that are able to give rate quotes.
Choosing a insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Colorado Springs should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Despite the high insurance cost for a Nissan Quest in Colorado Springs, insurance is mandatory in Colorado but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Quest, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Nissan at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your Nissan. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Colorado overpays more than $865 each year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Smart shoppers get results
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund, being labeled a high risk driver or extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
When getting Colorado Springs car insurance quotes online, it's a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
We've covered many tips how you can reduce Nissan Quest insurance premium rates online in Colorado Springs. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Colorado Springs car insurance, the better likelihood of getting low cost Colorado Springs car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with the smaller companies.
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Edge? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Boulder, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Teachers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)