I can't think of a single person who likes having to buy insurance, in particular when they are paying too much.
It's astonishing, but a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many consumers in Fort Collins can save nearly $605 each year just by shopping around, but they don't want to spend time to do a rate comparison. Insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all claim big savings with catchy ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the promise of big savings and find the best price available.
Consumers should take time to compare premium rates once or twice a year because insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the best deal on Mazda CX-5 insurance in Fort Collins two years ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. You'll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about CX-5 insurance out there, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some good information on how to reduce your insurance bill.
If you're already insured or just want a better rate, you can learn to cut your premiums without sacrificing coverage. Buying affordable insurance in Fort Collins is much easier if you know where to start. Smart shoppers only need an understanding of the tricks to compare different rates from multiple carriers.
What Determines Mazda CX-5 Insurance Premiums?
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but some are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the factors that help calculate the price you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
The list below includes some of the most rate-impacting factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Car and home together may be cheaper - Most larger car insurance companies afford a discount to insureds who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it's still a good idea to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Employer stress can make you pay more - Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like military generals, police officers, and emergency personnel generally have the highest rates due to job stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, professions such as scientists, athletes and retirees have the lowest average rates.
- Pay lower premiums after the wedding - Having a significant other may earn you lower rates when shopping for car insurance. Marriage may mean you are less irresponsible and it's proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Use credit responsibly and save - Your credit history will be a significant factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Insureds that have good credit tend to file fewer claims than those with worse credit. Therefore, if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Mazda CX-5 by improving your credit score.
- Raising physical damage deductibles lowers costs - Deductibles for physical damage state the amount of money you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be rearending another vehicle, hail damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more damage repair cost you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Age of drivers - Young drivers in Colorado are statistically shown to be inattentive with other occupants in the car so car insurance rates are higher. Older people are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
- Insurance loss probability for a Mazda CX-5 - Insurance companies analyze historical claim data when they calculate premium rates for each model. Vehicles that statistically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below outlines the actual insurance loss data for Mazda CX-5 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, equals 100. Percentages below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent claims or a tendancy for claims to be larger.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Mazda CX-5 Models
Specific Mazda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda CX-5 4dr 2WD 66 88 85 79 83 76 Mazda CX-5 4dr 4WD 71 83 102 79 74 72
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Getting a cheap price on Mazda CX-5 insurance can be quick and easy. Consumers just need to take time comparing price quotes to find out which insurance company has affordable Fort Collins car insurance quotes.
Doing online quotes comparisons is so easy that it makes it obsolete to make phone calls or go to local Fort Collins insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online has made agencies unnecessary unless you want the guidance of a licensed agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to find lower rates online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The following companies have been selected to offer quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Save $396 a year. For real?
Colorado consumers constantly see and hear ads that promise big savings for switching from the likes of Allstate and Progressive. They all seem to try to convey promises that drivers can save some big amount if you change your coverage to them.
That's great but how can every company lower your auto insurance rates? Here is the trick they use.
Most companies have specific guidelines for the type of insured that makes them money. For instance, a preferred risk may need to be over age 30, has no prior claims, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any customer who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest prices in Fort Collins and will probably save a lot on Fort Collins Mazda CX-5 insurance if they switch.
Potential customers who fall outside the ideal profile may receive a higher rate and this can result in business going elsewhere. The wording the ads use say "customers that switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that much. This is how companies can advertise the savings. Because of these techniques, you really need to compare many company's rates. It is impossible to guess the company that will have the best prices at this point in time.
Car insurance is not optional
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Mazda in Fort Collins, buying car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it's most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Mazda at an extremely high rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your CX-5 more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Don't overlook these Mazda CX-5 insurance discounts
Some providers do not list every disount available in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the more common as well as the least known discounts that may be available.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver's education if offered at their school.
- Smart Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking part in a course teaching driver safety skills is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Military Deployment Discount - Having a deployed family member could qualify you for better auto insurance rates.
- Auto/Life Discount - Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn't make money that way. But all discounts will cut the cost of your policy.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies who offer online Mazda CX-5 insurance quotes in Colorado, click here to view.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people would rather buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that Agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Fort Collins that provide free Fort Collins car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. A good agent in Fort Collins will have answers to these questions.
- Where would glass claims be handled in Fort Collins?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Fort Collins?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
Different types of car insurance agents in Fort Collins
If you want to use local Fort Collins agents, it's important to understand the different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Fort Collins are either exclusive or independent. Either one can handle insurance, but it is important to understand how they are different because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well trained on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Fort Collins who may provide you with rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured.
When comparing insurance rates, you should always include rate quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Fort Collins that can give you comparison quotes.
Situations that may require an agent's advice
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your financial needs are unique.
For instance, these questions might point out if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Mazda CX-5?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Mazda CX-5 to commute?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Quote often and quote early
A few companies don't offer online rate quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agents. Cheaper auto insurance in Fort Collins can be found online and also from your neighborhood Fort Collins agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims and denial of a claim. It doesn't matter why you want to switch choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
You just learned a lot of ways to compare Mazda CX-5 insurance prices in Fort Collins. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
Additional information is available at the links below