There isn't anyone who anticipates paying for auto insurance, especially when they could lower their rates if they shopped around.
A recent survey discovered that a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average premium in Colorado being $1,800, drivers could save nearly 35% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate the benefits if they switched to a cheaper policy.
There are many auto insurance companies to choose from, and even though it's nice to have a selection, lots of choices makes it harder to find the lowest rates for Mazda 5 insurance in Colorado Springs.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes every six months because prices change quite often. Just because you had the lowest rates on Mazda 5 insurance in Colorado Springs six months ago there may be better deals available now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding 5 insurance on the internet, but I'm going to show you some proven techniques to put money back in your pocket.
The purpose of this post is to let you in on how auto insurance companies operate and also pocket some savings If you have a policy now, you will definitely be able to lower your rates using the following tips. Nevertheless, Colorado vehicle owners need to have an understanding of the way insurance companies calculate their prices and take advantage of how the system works.
When comparison shopping, obtaining a wide range of quotes increases your odds of finding the best price. Not every company does price estimates online, so you should also compare price quotes from them, too.
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|5 Sport Station Wagon||$292||$552||$404||$24||$120||$1,392||$116|
|5 Touring Station Wagon||$310||$458||$392||$24||$118||$1,302||$109|
|5 Grand Touring Station Wagon||$234||$472||$338||$20||$102||$1,166||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in garaging location in Colorado Springs which can influence premium rates considerably.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper Colorado Springs auto insurance rates
The information below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can increase Mazda 5 insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Don't overlook these Mazda 5 insurance discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Most are applied at quote time, but less common discounts must be manually applied before they will apply.
- ABS Brakes - Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on 5 insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Drivers that enable driving data submission to analyze driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Military Rewards - Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Safety Course Discount - Passing a course in safe driver could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Federal Employees - Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
If you would like to view insurers that offer multiple discounts in Colorado, click this link.
Three reasons to insure your Mazda 5
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Mazda in Colorado Springs, paying for car insurance is required in Colorado but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Mazda 5 with a loan, most lenders will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Mazda at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your Mazda and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Colorado is overpaying over $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When it comes to choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions may help highlight if you might need an agent's assistance.
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor's mailbox?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Exclusive versus independent auto insurance agents
Some people still like to buy from a local agent. One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Colorado Springs.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Colorado Springs who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Colorado Springs for you
If you are wanting to find a good insurance agency, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they work. Agents in Colorado Springs can either be exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can quote rates with many companies and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Colorado Springs who may be able to give you free rate quotes.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. They are well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Colorado Springs willing to provide price quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Colorado Springs should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Colorado Springs?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?