Scraping up a payment for pricey Mazda 2 insurance in Aurora can draw down your personal savings, especially in this economy. Doing a price comparison can lower your rates and help to cut your insurance bill.
Remarkably, a study showed that most auto insurance policyholders have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never compared quotes from other companies. The average driver in Colorado could save themselves nearly 35% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate how much money they would save if they just switched companies. There are many auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it's nice to be able to choose, more options can take longer to find the lowest cost provider for Mazda 2 insurance in Aurora.
How to get Aurora Mazda 2 insurance quotes
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Aurora, CO. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Aurora car insurance quotes
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may be missing some discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Payment Method - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Multiple Cars - Buying a policy with multiple cars on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Membership in Organizations - Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- ABS Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save - Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Popular car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for federal employee, driver training, good student, air bags, anti-theft, and emergency military deployment.
- Travelers may have discounts that include student away at school, multi-policy, early quote, save driver, new car, and good student.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, family plan, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for alternative fuel, distant student, mature driver, multi-car, and teen driver.
- Esurance may offer discounts for safety device, DriveSense, paid-in-full, homeowner, and renters.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple policy, good driver, driver's education, student away at school, and good student.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, and online signing.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include professional/association, type of vehicle, accident-free, low natural disaster claims, multi-policy, annual mileage, and good driver.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in Aurora.
Get rate quotes but work with a neighborhood Aurora auto insurance agent
Certain consumers still like to sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheaper rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to companies in Aurora that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to you. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurance company shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. Any good agent in Aurora should know the answers to these questions.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
The following is a short list of auto insurance companies in Aurora that are able to give rate quotes for Mazda 2 insurance in Aurora.
After receiving satisfactory answers to any questions you may have and locked in a price quote, you may have just found an insurer that is a good match to provide auto insurance coverage.
How Insurance Companies Calculate Mazda 2 Insurance Prices
When buying car insurance it's important to understand some of the things that help calculate your policy premiums. If you know what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in better car insurance rates. Many factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, although others are more obscure like where you live or your commute time.
- Teen drivers pay higher costs - Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Beginning drivers tend to be more careless with other occupants in the car so car insurance rates are higher.
- No claims equals lower prices - Car insurance companies in Colorado give the lowest premiums to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file claims often, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Liability protection is peace of mind - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the coverage that protects you in the event that a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- The type of car makes a difference - The performance level of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in determining your rates. Because the Mazda 2 falls in the subcompact class, rates will be about the same or even less as compared to the average rate in Aurora. Lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles normally have pretty low rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Big cities mean more claims - Having an address in small towns and rural areas can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Residents of big cities have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims
- Pay more by driving carelessly - A bad driving record influences premium rates substantially. Drivers with clean records get better rates compared to bad drivers. Getting just one driving citation may cause rates to rise by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have careless citations like DUI or willful reckless driving might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Gals tend to cost less - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn't mean females are better drivers. Men and women have auto accidents in similar percentages, but guys tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Youthful male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
- Add-on coverages push up premiums - There are quite a few additional coverages that can add up when buying car insurance. Things like replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea initially, but if they're wasting money eliminate them to save money.
Car insurance just makes sense
Despite the high insurance cost for a Mazda 2 in Aurora, car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your 2, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Mazda at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Mazda as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your 2 definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver overpays as much as $820 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to save money.
Cheaper insurance premiums are out there
In this article, we presented many ways to find affordable Mazda 2 insurance in Aurora. It's most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding low cost Aurora auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Budget-conscious Mazda 2 insurance is attainable online and with local Aurora insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies don't offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Boulder, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Ken Caryl, Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)