I can't think of a single person who likes having to buy car insurance, especially when they are aware that their premiums are through the roof.
Unbelievably, most car insurance buyers in Colorado have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Many consumers in the U.S. could pocket approximately 46.5% a year by just comparing quotes, but they think it's difficult to compare rate quotes.
Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, so it's not easy to compare every insurer to find the absolute lowest rate on Lincoln MKZ insurance in Fort Collins.
It's a good idea to compare prices quite often because insurance prices trend upward over time. Just because you found the lowest rates on Lincoln MKZ insurance in Fort Collins a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you're about to learn how to use online quotes to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Lincoln MKZ insurance in Fort Collins.
Companies offering Lincoln MKZ insurance in Colorado
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKZ 4-Dr Sedan||$264||$608||$416||$24||$124||$1,436||$120|
|MKZ AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$294||$762||$448||$26||$134||$1,664||$139|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence prices considerably.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The diagram below shows how traffic citations and accident claims impact Lincoln MKZ auto insurance costs for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Why Informed Consumers Pay Less for Lincoln MKZ Insurance
When buying car insurance it's important to understand some of the things that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower car insurance prices. Lots of factors are used when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but some are less obvious such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
- Men drivers tend to cost more - The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don't assume that females are better drivers. Males and females cause fender benders at about the same rate, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Male teenagers generally have the highest accident percentage so they pay the highest premiums.
- Discounts for married drivers - Walking down the aisle helps lower the price on your car insurance policy. Marriage usually means you are more mature and responsible and it's statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Amount of liability coverage - The liability section of your policy provides coverage if you are determined to be liable for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Never let your car insurance expire - Not maintaining insurance is illegal and companies may charge more for letting your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage could earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Lincoln MKZ claim statistics - Insurance companies use historical loss data to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that are shown to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for coverage. The data below shows the loss history for Lincoln MKZ vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentages above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Lincoln MKZ Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln MKZ 4dr 2WD 137 85 107 95 89 75 Lincoln MKZ 4dr 4WD 140 82 126 99 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr 148 84 100 74 82 76
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Take policy discounts and save on Lincoln MKZ insurance in Fort Collins
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be significant discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Telematics Data - Drivers who elect to allow their company to track vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Save over 55 - Mature drivers may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Having multiple vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Good Grades Discount - A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Online Discount - Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount simply for signing on the internet.
- Early Switch Discount - A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current MKZ insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- New Car Discount - Buying a new car model can save you some money because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Military Deployment Discount - Having an actively deployed family member can result in better auto insurance rates.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Keeping the miles down on your Lincoln could be rewarded with lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, you aren't that lucky.
A few companies that may have most of the discounts above are:
When quoting, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts may not apply in Fort Collins. To choose providers with the best discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
Independent and exclusive car insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is still important in Fort Collins.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that provide free Fort Collins auto insurance quotes to get your business. You don't have to leave your computer because prices are sent to you instantly. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
What type of Fort Collins auto insurance agent is right for you?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they function. Agents in Fort Collins are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to include price quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Fort Collins that may be able to give free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so it's a take it or leave it situation. These agents are well trained on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Fort Collins willing to provide comparison quotes.
Selecting an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Fort Collins?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Where are claims handled?
The ad said I'd save $385 a year!
Insurance providers like Allstate and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. They all make the point of big savings just by moving your policy. How is it plausible that every one can give you a better price on Lincoln MKZ insurance in Fort Collins? Here is the trick they use.
Different companies require specific criteria for the driver that will add to their bottom line. One example of a driver they prefer might be over age 30, is a homeowner, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Anybody who meets those qualifications receive the lowest rate quotes in Fort Collins and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who may not quite match these stringent criteria will probably be forced to pay more expensive rates and this results in business going elsewhere. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "customers who switch" not "everybody who quotes" save that much when switching. This is how insurance companies can confidently lure you into getting a quote.
Because of this risk profiling, drivers should get a wide range of price quotes. It is just not possible to predict which insurance company will have the lowest Lincoln MKZ insurance in Fort Collins.
Quote often and quote early
As you quote Fort Collins auto insurance, it's not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
You just read some good ideas how to reduce Lincoln MKZ insurance rates online in Fort Collins. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Additional information can be read below:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)