Searching for more competitive Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Fort Collins? Finding the best price on Fort Collins insurance can be challenging if you are like the majority of consumers and have never used online price quotes. Don't let that bother you because using the internet to shop for Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Fort Collins is actually quite easy.
A recent survey discovered that most consumers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and nearly half have never compared rates from other carriers. Colorado drivers can cut their rates by as much as $610 a year just by comparing rates, but they don't know the amount of savings they would get if they moved their coverage to a different company.
This article will teach you a little about how car insurance companies work and some money-saving tips. If you are insured now, you stand a good chance to be able to find the best rates using the following tips. But Colorado vehicle owners must understand the way companies market on the web because it varies considerably.
Companies offer many discounts on Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Fort Collins
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but a few must be asked about prior to getting the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying a new car model is cheaper because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Good Student Discount - Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Early Payment Discounts - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Data Collection Discounts - Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to study vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Air Bag Discount - Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of more than 20%.
- College Student - Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Fort Collins and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with the same company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, renewal discount, and youthful driver.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include newly married, multi-car, new graduate, hybrid vehicle, good student, newly retired, and teen driver discount.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, accident-free, good student, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for multiple vehicles, multi-policy, teen driver, paperless, and student away at school.
- GEICO includes discounts for daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, air bags, federal employee, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO offers discounts including drive less, safe driver, multi-car, anti-theft, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, and anti-lock brakes.
Check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Fort Collins. If you would like to view car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Fort Collins, click this link.
It's important to know that more quotes increases your odds of finding a better price. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online Fort Collins Range Rover insurance quotes, so you should also compare quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
What Determines Land Rover Range Rover Insurance Costs?
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the elements that help calculate your premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower premium levels.
Shown below are most of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
- High credit scores save money - A driver's credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. If your credit score could use some work, you may save money insuring your Land Rover Range Rover by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit ratings.
- Big city or small town - Being located in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Residents of big cities have congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer people corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Responsible drivers pay less - Being a careful driver has a huge affect on how much you pay. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to those with violations. Getting just one ticket could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking citations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Compare rates if you bundle your policies - Most insurance companies provide a discount to clients who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it's always a smart idea to compare Land Rover Range Rover rates in Fort Collins to guarantee you are still saving the most.There is a chance you can find a better deal even if you insure with multiple companies
- Land Rover Range Rover statistical loss data - Companies use claims history to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the statistics show to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for coverage. The next table shows the insurance loss data for Land Rover Range Rover vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or tendancy to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Land Rover Range Rover Vehicles
Specific Land Rover Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 2dr 4WD 159 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 4dr 4WD 143 139 127 75 73 120 Land Rover Range Rover 4dr 4WD 169 116 332 34 104 Land Rover Range Rover 4dr LWB 4WD 223 397 Land Rover Range Rover Sport 4dr 4WD 166 103 252 47 46 88
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When do I need an agent's advice?
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really isn't a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone's situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Colorado?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Local insurance agents
Many people just prefer to have an agent's advice and often times that is recommended An additional benefit of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find cheaper auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is especially important in Fort Collins.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Fort Collins who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to quote rates from a particular provider, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Different types of auto insurance agents in Fort Collins
When narrowing the list to find a good Fort Collins insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance policy providers can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not restricted to one company so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rate quotes, it's a good idea to get several quotes from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. A lot of them also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can be an advantage.
Featured below is a list of independent agencies in Fort Collins that may be able to give you comparison quotes.
- Ameri Quote Insurance and Financial Services
1015 W Horsetooth Rd - Fort Collins, CO 80526 - (970) 221-1141 - View Map
- Mitchell Zuber Insurance Agency
2850 McClelland Dr #3000 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 207-0600 - View Map
- Skies West Insurance Agency, inc
1531 Riverside Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 223-7611 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company's rates and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Fort Collins that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - David Stansfield
5125 S College Ave b - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 204-0020 - View Map
- Bill Cofer - State Farm Insurance Agent
2700 S College Ave Ste 110 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 223-7900 - View Map
- Barry B Bailey - State Farm Insurance Agent
902 W Drake Rd #5 - Fort Collins, CO 80526 - (970) 493-2323 - View Map
Finding a good insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Fort Collins?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
If you receive answers to your satisfaction to these questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to properly service your car insurance policy.
Choosing Land Rover Range Rover insurance is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Land Rover Range Rover in Fort Collins, insuring your vehicle is required in Colorado but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Land Rover Range Rover, it's guaranteed your bank will force you to buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Land Rover at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves your Land Rover Range Rover and your assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Fort Collins is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so it's recommended you shop around at every renewal to save money.
Insurance savings summarized
You just learned many ideas to reduce Land Rover Range Rover insurance prices online in Fort Collins. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Fort Collins auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies.
When getting Fort Collins auto insurance quotes online, it's very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, drivers have reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price.
A few companies may not provide internet price quotes and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies. More affordable insurance in Fort Collins is available on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection.
More information can be read at these links:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Homeowners in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)