Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for cheaper Jeep Compass insurance in Aurora? Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an overpriced car insurance policy? You're preaching to the choir because there are lots of Aurora residents who feel the same.
Shockingly, the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers could save $859 a year just by shopping around, but they just don't want to compare rates online. Numerous insurers battle for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to get the cheapest price on Jeep Compass insurance in Aurora.
Companies offering cheap Jeep Compass rate quotes in Aurora, CO
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Aurora, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Compass Sport 2WD||$148||$252||$330||$20||$98||$848||$71|
|Compass Sport 4WD||$336||$672||$474||$28||$142||$1,652||$138|
|Compass Limited 2WD||$266||$526||$426||$26||$128||$1,372||$114|
|Compass Limited 4WD||$216||$424||$426||$26||$128||$1,220||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in Aurora location which can raise or lower insurance rates noticeably.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Jeep Compass insurance costs for different age groups. The data is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
How accidents and tickets impact rates in Aurora
The information below demonstrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders can raise Jeep Compass insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The premiums assume a married female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
These five discounts can lower your auto insurance quotes
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Good Grades Discount - Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Save over 55 - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Renewal Discounts - A few companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current Compass insurance policy expiring. You could save around 10% when you buy Aurora auto insurance online.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
Discounts lower rates, but many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, anti-theft, driver training, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including age of vehicle, accident-free, low natural disaster claims, annual mileage, professional/association, and location of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include mature driver, switch companies, multi-car, homeowner, business and professional, teen driver, and youthful driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include anti-theft, student away at school, group or association, company car, multi-policy, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for newly retired, good student, new move discount, preferred payment discount, new graduate, and exclusive group savings.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for multi-car, anti-theft, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, safe driver, and drive less.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online signing.
- USAA offers premium reductions for driver training, good student, annual mileage, multi-vehicle, military installation, and family discount.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some credits might not be offered in your state. If you would like to view providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Colorado, click here to view.
Do I need special coverages?
When selecting the right insurance coverage, there really is no "best" method to buy coverage. Every insured's situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Jeep Compass?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer's policy when using it for work?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Is my Jeep Compass covered for flood damage?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Local agents and auto insurance
A lot of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data gets sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent immediately to your email address. In the event you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on a insurance company should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Any agent in Aurora should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How are they compensated?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
If you would like to find an insurance agent, it's important to understand the types of agencies and how they operate. Auto insurance policy providers are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can properly insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the differences because it can factor into the selection process.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company's prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Aurora willing to provide rate quotes.
American Family Insurance - Rick Laikola Agency Inc.
3102 S Parker Rd Ste A16 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 696-2666 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Aurora that can give you comparison quotes.
A Complete Auto Insurance Agency
543 Sable Blvd - Aurora, CO 80011 - (303) 650-0060 - View Map
Drivers who switch save $430 a year? Really?
Colorado drivers can't get away from ads that claim the lowest premium rates by companies like State Farm and Allstate. All the companies advertise claims about savings just by moving your insurance coverage to their company.
How does each company claim to save you money?
Insurance providers can use profiling for the type of driver that earns them the highest profit. A good example of a desirable risk might be described as a married female, has a clear driving record, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any customer who fits those characteristics will probably get cheap car insurance rates and most likely will save a lot of money.
Drivers who fall short of those standards will be quoted more expensive rates which results in the prospect going elsewhere. The ads say "drivers who switch" not "all people who quote" save that much money. That's why companies can truthfully make those statements. This really drives home the point why you need to compare rate quotes every year. It is impossible to predict the company that will have better prices than you're paying now.
Auto insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of insurance can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from flooding, hitting a bird, a broken windshield and fire damage. The most you'll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider dropping full coverage.
This coverage covers damage to your Compass from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like hitting a mailbox, rolling your car and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It's also possible to bump up the deductible on your Compass in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other's property or people that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/15 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $15,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims like bail bonds, attorney fees, emergency aid, medical expenses and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Colorado requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/15 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills for surgery, hospital visits and ambulance fees. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants when the "other guys" either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Jeep Compass.
Since many Colorado drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (25/50/15), it doesn't take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
How much can you save?
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices or even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new auto insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Cheaper auto insurance in Aurora can be purchased from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and these regional carriers sell through local independent agents.
In this article, we covered many ideas to compare Jeep Compass insurance premium rates in Aurora. It's most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the best premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
More information is located on the following sites:
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Car Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Highlands Ranch, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)