Do you want to learn how to find lower-priced Hyundai Equus insurance in Fort Collins? Comparing Fort Collins auto insurance quotes online can be challenging if you have never used rate quotes online. Don't worry though because using the internet to shop for Hyundai Equus insurance in Fort Collins is actually quite easy.
A study showed that a large majority of drivers in Colorado have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and just under half have never compared insurance rates at all. Most drivers in America could cut their rates by nearly $859 a year, but most tend to underestimate how much they could save if they switch to a new company.
Do you qualify for discounts on Hyundai Equus insurance in Fort Collins?
Car insurance can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Mature drivers could receive reduced rates.
- Homeowners Savings - Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - It's a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver's ed class if offered at their school.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Fort Collins auto insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Accident Waiver - Not necessarily a discount, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Seat Belts Save - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Having several vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Telematics Devices - Insureds that choose to allow companies to monitor driving patterns remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren't that lucky.
Large car insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good student, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, and anti-theft.
- GEICO includes discounts for good student, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, anti-theft, membership and employees, and driver training.
- Allstate may include discounts for defensive driver, passive restraint, safe driver, economy car, and EZ pay plan discount.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for multi-car, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, anti-theft, homeowner, drive less, and safe driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including good student, driver training, youthful driver, multi-policy, safe driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- AAA may have discounts that include good student, multi-policy, good driver, education and occupation, anti-theft, and pay-in-full.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Fort Collins. To locate companies that offer multiple discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
Finding Hyundai Equus insurance in Fort Collins, CO
When comparison shopping, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes from different companies. The quickest method to lower the rate you pay for insurance involves getting comparison quotes online.
When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing a large number of companies gives you a better chance of getting the best price. Not every company allows you to get Fort Collins Equus insurance quotes online, so you need to compare price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Colorado. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
Informed Drivers Know How to Buy Car Insurance for Less
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that go into determining your premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that can earn you big savings. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are more transparent such as your credit history or your commute time.
- Get better rates if married - Your spouse actually saves money on your policy. Having a spouse may mean you are more financially stable and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Do you really need to file that insurance claims? - Insurance companies in Colorado give cheaper rates to insureds who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for more catestrophic claims.
- High credit rating translates to low prices - Having a bad credit score is a big factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Hyundai Equus by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than those with poor credit scores.
- Liability protection limits are a factor - Liability coverage provides coverage when a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Discounts for alarms and GPS tracking - Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system can thwart vehicle theft.
- Does car insurance cost more for males? - Statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males have fender benders in similar percentages, but the males have accidents that have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Hyundai Equus historical loss data - Car insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that the data shows to have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher premium rate. The table below shows the insurance loss data for Hyundai Equus vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Percentage values below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentages above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendancy for claims to be larger.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Hyundai Equus Models
Specific Hyundai Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Equus 4dr 155 83 225 85
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When selecting proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's situation is a little different and your car insurance should be unique as well. These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you might need an agent's assistance.
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Should I rate my Hyundai Equus as pleasure use or commute?
- What policy terms are available?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- What is GAP insurance?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Compare rate quotes but work with a local Fort Collins insurance agent
Many drivers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is that you can find cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is important particularly in Fort Collins.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to insurance agents in Fort Collins who will give you bids to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Below are agents in Fort Collins willing to provide price quote information for Hyundai Equus insurance in Fort Collins.
- Gary Cramer - State Farm Insurance Agent
1432 E Mulberry St b - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 484-1374 - View Map
- Farm Bureau Insurance
335 E Mountain Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 482-3952 - View Map
- Front Range Insurance Group
1100 Haxton Dr # 100 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 223-1804 - View Map
- Welsh Insurance Agency, Inc.
4033 E Boardwalk Dr # 200 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 207-4000 - View Map
Picking the best company shouldn't rely on just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Fort Collins should know the answers to these questions.
- Does their agency support local causes in Fort Collins?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Fort Collins?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
Insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance is required in Colorado but also provides important benefits.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Equus has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Hyundai for a much higher rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects not only your Hyundai Equus but also your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Equus more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so it's recommended you shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
We just showed you many ideas to lower your Hyundai Equus insurance rates in Fort Collins. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Hyundai Equus rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the least-expected company. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
A few companies may not have price quotes online and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agencies. Affordable Hyundai Equus insurance in Fort Collins can be sourced both online and also from your neighborhood Fort Collins agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
When you buy Fort Collins auto insurance online, it's very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
More information can be found at these links:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)