Did you make the mistake of buying an overpriced auto insurance policy? Don't feel bad because there are many Denver drivers thinking the same thing.
Unfortunately, nearly 70% of Colorado drivers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. Consumers in America can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to shop around.
Multiple insurers compete for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to discover the definitive lowest rate possible on Honda Insight insurance in Denver.
You need to do price comparisons once or twice a year since insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the lowest rates on Honda Insight insurance in Denver a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you're going to learn the easiest way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Cheapest Honda insurance prices in Denver
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Denver, CO. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can impact insurance rates greatly.
Rate comparison of men versus women
The information below visualizes the comparison of Honda Insight car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Full coverage versus liability-only in Denver
The example below shows the comparison of Honda Insight insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There isn't a written rule to stop paying for physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Honda Insight replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $300 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Verify you're earning every discount
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Putting insurance coverage on a new Insight can save up to 30% because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Telematics Discount - Policyholders that allow driving data submission to scrutinize vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as State Farm's In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Bundle and Save - If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total Insight insurance premium.
- Passive Restraints - Factory air bags may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Early Payment Discounts - By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Accident Free - Claim-free drivers pay less in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking a defensive driving course is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies aren't that generous.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- American Family has discounts for bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, air bags, TimeAway discount, good driver, and Steer into Savings.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for good student, safe driver, multi-policy, youthful driver, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers discounts for driver's education, defensive driving training, student away at school, good driver, accident-free, and multiple policy.
- Travelers includes discounts for multi-car, early quote, student away at school, save driver, and new car.
- The Hartford discounts include anti-theft, air bag, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, and bundle.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, seat belt use, anti-theft, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and air bags.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Savings may not apply to policies in Denver. To see a list of providers with the best discounts in Colorado, click this link.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique and your car insurance should be unique as well. These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
A lot of people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! A good thing about comparing rates online is you can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Denver who will return price quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to find an agent since price quotes are sent directly to you. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- What companies can they write with?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Denver?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
When finding local Denver agents, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they operate. Insurance policy providers may be either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company's prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Denver willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Denver that can give you price quote information.
57 W Alameda Ave - Denver, CO 80223 - (303) 722-2841 - View Map
After talking to the agent and getting reasonable responses to your questions and locked in a price quote, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that can properly service your insurance policy. Just understand that you can always terminate coverage at any point so don't assume you are locked into the insurance policy for a certain time period.
Insurance myths debunked
Insurance providers like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads in print and on television. They all seem to say the same thing that drivers can save some big amount if you move your coverage to them. How does every company make the same claim? Here is how they do it.
Insurance companies give the best rates for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. For example, this type of insured may be over the age of 50, is a homeowner, and drives newer vehicles. Any person who matches those parameters will get low car insurance rates and therefore will save money with a new company.
Potential customers who cannot meet this stringent profile may be required to pay higher prices and the customer buying from someone else. The trick companies use is to say "people that switch" not "everybody who quotes" save that kind of money. That's the way companies can truthfully make it sound like they have such great rates. Each company has different criteria, so drivers should get a wide range of price quotes. It is just not possible to predict the company that will provide the lowest Honda Insight insurance in Denver.
Quote more to save more
You just read a lot of tips how to save on Honda Insight insurance in Denver. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you'll have of finding cheaper Denver auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
When getting Denver auto insurance quotes online, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
To learn more, link through to the articles below:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Fort Collins, CO? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Auto Insurance Rates for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Car Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Arvada, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)