Locating cheaper insurance for a new or used GMC Acadia in Colorado can turn out to be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance so you're going to learn the quickest way to quote coverages for a new or used GMC and locate the lowest price either online or from Aurora insurance agents.
It's shocking but over 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and just short of a majority have never compared insurance rates at all. Drivers in Colorado could save an average of as much as 35% each year, but they won't spend time to do a rate comparison.
It's a good idea to compare rates at least once a year because prices tend to go up over time. Even if you got the best rates on GMC Acadia insurance in Aurora at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I'm going to teach you how to use the internet to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Discounts can help save money on GMC Acadia insurance in Aurora
Some insurers don't always publicize the entire discount list in a way that's easy to find, so the next list breaks down both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on Acadia insurance in Aurora.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Keeping the miles down on your GMC could be rewarded with cheaper premium rates.
- E-sign - Many insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application on their website.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Aurora Homeowners Pay Less - Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Drivers Ed for Students - It's a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver's education course in school.
- Senior Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a discount up to 10%.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you're out of luck.
Large car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- GEICO has savings for air bags, multi-policy, military active duty, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, and five-year accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including age of vehicle, multi-car, anti-theft, ease of repair, type of vehicle, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include homeowner, alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, mature driver, distant student, and early shopping.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for safe driver, anti-lock brakes, safe vehicle, anti-theft, and paperless.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for preferred payment discount, new move discount, newly married, newly retired, multi-car, and new graduate.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, safe driver, and multi-car.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- USAA discounts include multi-vehicle, safe driver, good student, vehicle storage, loyalty savings, multi-policy, and new vehicle.
If you are trying to find cheaper Aurora car insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in Aurora.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Colorado. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Acadia SL 2WD||$226||$462||$396||$24||$118||$1,226||$102|
|Acadia SL AWD||$260||$462||$396||$24||$118||$1,260||$105|
|Acadia SLE 2WD||$186||$290||$474||$28||$142||$1,120||$93|
|Acadia SLE AWD||$220||$368||$352||$20||$106||$1,066||$89|
|Acadia SLT 2WD||$144||$282||$396||$24||$118||$964||$80|
|Acadia SLT AWD||$298||$448||$358||$22||$108||$1,234||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location information which can influence coverage prices significantly.
Reckless driving habits raise auto insurance rates
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims can impact GMC Acadia insurance costs for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The diagram below examines GMC Acadia car insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premiums are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no clear-cut formula for dropping physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's say your GMC Acadia settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $700 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven't paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Get GMC Acadia Insurance Cheaper
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that aid in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that may result in lower car insurance prices.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors car insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
Performance impacts insurance premiums - The performance of the vehicle you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. Due to the fact that the GMC Acadia is considered a standard SUV, rates will be slightly more than the average rate where you live in Aurora. Lower cost passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but your final cost has many other factors.
Save money with GPS tracking and theft deterrents - Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help prevent your car from being stolen.
Premiums are lower the older you get - Young drivers in Colorado are statistically shown to be inattentive and easily distracted with other occupants in the car therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
Deductibles are a factor - Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your GMC. Some coverage claims would be a broken windshield, damage from fire, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
Qualify for multi-policy discounts - Lots of insurers allow discounts to buyers that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still be able to find lower rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
GMC Acadia insurance claim data - Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help determine prices. Vehicles that historically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates. The next table illustrates the historical loss data for GMC Acadia vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is equal to 100. Values that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for GMC Acadia Models
|Specific GMC Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|GMC Acadia 4dr 2WD||75||86||73||71||69||80|
|GMC Acadia 4dr 4WD||83||100||88||62||63||80|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare rate quotes but still have a neighborhood Aurora auto insurance agent
Some consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is you can get better rates and still have a local agent. And supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Aurora.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to insurance agents in Aurora that can provide free Aurora car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an insurance company shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. Any good agent in Aurora should know the answers to these questions.
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Colorado?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance is required in Colorado but it also protects you in many ways.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a lienholder, most lenders will require that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your GMC for a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your GMC as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having car insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in Colorado is overpaying over $850 per year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Find cheaper rates by comparing often
Cheap GMC Acadia insurance in Aurora is definitely available both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not have the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
We just presented some good ideas how to compare GMC Acadia insurance prices in Aurora. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Aurora car insurance, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later they didn't have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Fort Collins, CO? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance Rates for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Colorado Auto Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)