Do you want low-cost Dodge Viper insurance in Fort Collins? Sick and tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to insure your Dodge every month? You're in the same situation as many other Colorado consumers.
Remarkably, a study showed that nearly 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never compared quotes from other companies. American consumers could save themselves almost $859 a year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue the benefits if they bought a different policy.
You have so many auto insurance companies to pick from, and even though it's nice to have multiple companies, it can be more difficult to find the lowest cost provider for Dodge Viper insurance in Fort Collins.
You should make it a habit to compare premium rates as often as possible because prices change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Dodge Viper insurance in Fort Collins a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you're about to learn the best way to get good coverage on Dodge Viper insurance in Fort Collins at a lower rate.
Best companies for Dodge Viper insurance
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Coupe||$514||$1386||$456||$28||$136||$2,520||$210|
|Viper SRT/10 2-Dr Roadster||$256||$666||$396||$24||$118||$1,460||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in specific Fort Collins garaging location which can modify rates greatly.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The information below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault claims influence Dodge Viper car insurance costs for different age categories. The costs are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Higher deductibles save money
The information below demonstrates how deductible levels and can raise or lower Dodge Viper annual premium costs for different age groups of insureds. Data assumes a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage or liability only
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Viper auto insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The prices are based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There isn't a steadfast formula of when to phase out physical damage insurance, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Dodge Viper book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying over $300 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Discount Fort Collins insurance quotes
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every disount available very well, so we break down both well-publicized and the more hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car instead of a used Viper can save you some money because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver's education course if it's offered in school.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, companies don't profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut the cost of your policy.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are:
- GEICO offers premium reductions for air bags, seat belt use, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, and five-year accident-free.
- Travelers offers discounts for new car, multi-car, save driver, early quote, student away at school, payment discounts, and IntelliDrive.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include multi-policy, anti-theft, defensive driving, business or organization, and easy pay.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for teen driver, early shopping, switch companies, multi-car, mature driver, alternative fuel, and electronic funds transfer.
- Esurance has discounts for anti-theft, homeowner, emergency road assistance, multi-car, safety device, claim free, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts including anti-theft, student away at school, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, accident-free, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include multi-policy, type of vehicle, annual mileage, location of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, and age of vehicle.
It's a good idea to ask every company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in your state. To choose insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Colorado, click this link.
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
Always remember that when buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether you could use an agent's help.
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- What is the ISO rating for a Dodge Viper?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
If you can't answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Buying from insurance agencies
Some people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get better rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Fort Collins that can provide free Fort Collins car insurance quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You'll get the best rates without a big time investment. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurance company is decision based upon more than just a low price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Does their agency support local causes in Fort Collins?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
Independent or Exclusive: It's your choice
If you want to buy car insurance from a local agent, it's helpful to know the different agency structures from which to choose. Car insurance agents in Fort Collins can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company like State Farm or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Fort Collins who can help you get comparison quotes.
Agents of this type can quote rates with many companies and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include rate quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Fort Collins who can help you get comparison quotes.
If you feel you receive satisfactory answers for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, it's possible that you found an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly insure your vehicles. Just understand that you can always cancel a policy whenever you choose to so don't feel that you are obligated to the car insurance policy for the entire policy term.
Big names are not always cheapest
Popular auto insurance providers such as State Farm and Allstate continually stream television and radio advertisements. They all seem to make the promise that people will save if you move your auto insurance policy to them. How does each company make almost identical claims? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Many companies provide the lowest rates for the type of insured that will be a good risk. A good example of a desirable risk might have to be between the ages of 30 and 45, has a clear driving record, and has a high credit rating. Any customer who matches that profile will get the preferred premium rates in Fort Collins and will probably save when switching.
Drivers who don't meet this ideal profile may be required to pay higher prices which translates to the customer not purchasing. Company advertisements say "drivers who switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that much when switching. That is how companies can make claims like that. This really emphasizes why you really should do a quote comparison often. It's not possible to predict which auto insurance company will provide you with the cheapest Dodge Viper insurance in Fort Collins.
Shop around and save
You just read many ideas to lower your Dodge Viper insurance car insurance rates in Fort Collins. It's most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting low cost Fort Collins car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
As you quote Fort Collins car insurance, make sure you don't sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an insured cut liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate.
Discount Dodge Viper insurance in Fort Collins can be bought both online as well as from independent agents in Fort Collins, so you need to quote Fort Collins car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies only sell through independent agencies.
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)