Are you regretting buying an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? You're preaching to the choir because many Denver consumers are in the same pinch.
It's astonishing, but most car insurance customers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Consumers in Colorado could cut their rates by roughly 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they changed companies.
Vehicle owners have many car insurance companies to choose from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, it can be more challenging to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Smart consumers take time to shop coverage around on a regular basis because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the best rate on Dodge Avenger insurance in Denver a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because it's time to teach you the best way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Denver is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you have a current insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using the techniques presented in this article. But Colorado drivers do need to learn the way insurance companies market on the web and apply this information to your search.
It's important to know that making a lot of price comparisons increases the chance that you will find a lower rate than you're paying now.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Denver, CO. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can impact premium rates considerably.
Do you need full coverage?
The information below illustrates the difference between Dodge Avenger auto insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The price estimates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no exact rule for excluding physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Dodge Avenger replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If it's costing in excess of $400 a year for physical damage coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Impact of careless driving on auto insurance rates
The information below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents can influence Dodge Avenger auto insurance costs for different insured age categories. The data is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Denver, buying car insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Dodge Avenger, it's most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your Dodge for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $825 a year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Save $468 a year? Really?
Big name companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive seem to constantly run ads in print and on television. They all make an identical promise that drivers can save some big amount just by switching to them. How is it plausible that every one can make almost identical claims? It's all in the wording.
Most companies have specific guidelines for a prospective insured that will not have excessive claims. A good example of this type of driver might be described as a married male, has a clear driving record, and insures a new vehicle. Any driver that matches those criteria is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Insureds who do not meet the requirements will be charged higher rates and ends up with business not being written. The wording the ads use say "drivers who switch" not "everyone who quotes" save money. That is how insurance companies can confidently make those claims. Because of this risk profiling, you should compare many company's prices. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which auto insurance company will give you the biggest savings.
Get discounts to get affordable Denver insurance quotes
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there's a good chance there are discounts that many people don't even know exist. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but some must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying a policy with multiple cars with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Military Rewards - Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower insurance rates.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total Avenger insurance premium.
- Auto/Life Discount - Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give better insurance rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- Passive Restraints - Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Active or retired federal employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your insurance provider.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that's just not realistic. Any amount of discount should help lower your overall premium however.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- State Farm has discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, good student, student away at school, and multiple policy.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for bundle discounts, distant student, multi-car, teen driver, and alternative fuel.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, good student, and homeowner.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, military active duty, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, air bags, and federal employee.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, air bags, paid in full, and multiple vehicles.
- The Hartford offers discounts for defensive driver, bundle, good student, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, driver training, and air bag.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for driver training, renewal discount, 55 and retired, safe driver, and good student.
- USAA offers discounts including good student, vehicle storage, annual mileage, safe driver, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in Denver. If you would like to view companies who offer discounts in Denver, click this link.
Get rate quotes but still have a local neighborhood Denver car insurance agent
Certain consumers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about comparing insurance online is you can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information gets sent to agents in your area that can provide free Denver auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on a insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. These questions are important to ask:
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Denver?
- Will one accident increase rates?
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reliable agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they operate. Agents in Denver are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Denver that can give you price quote information.
Tammy Hill - State Farm Insurance Agent
4650 Tower Rd Unit 101 - Denver, CO 80249 - (303) 373-9500 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure through many different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to find a new agent.
When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to get several quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Denver that can give you price quotes.
If you receive reasonable responses to your questions as well as a price you're happy with, it's possible that you found a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to service your policy.
Cheap auto insurance premiums are possible
More affordable auto insurance in Denver can be purchased from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so get free Denver auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers sell through local independent agents.
When you buy Denver auto insurance online, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to discover later they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Dodge Journey in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Active Military in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Northglenn, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)