Trying to find low-cost insurance for your Chevy Tahoe in Colorado could be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to make it easier.
There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance and you need to know the quickest way to compare rates for a Chevy and find the lowest possible price from both online companies and Aurora agents.
Sadly, a large majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could save an average of nearly $850 each year just by comparing rates, but they don't invest the time required to compare rate quotes online.
If you are insured now or just want cheaper coverage, you can follow these tips to get lower rates without reducing coverage. Comparing rates for the lowest cost protection in Aurora is not as hard as you think. Drivers just have to know how to get comparison quotes online.
Most of the larger companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get price estimates online. Comparing Chevy Tahoe insurance rates online is fairly simple as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. Once you submit the form, the quote system pulls your credit score and driving record and provides a quote.
This streamlines rate comparisons, and it's very important to get many rate quotes if you want to find the most affordable premium on auto insurance.
To find out what other companies charge, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you will have a price comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tahoe LS 2WD||$266||$526||$426||$26||$128||$1,372||$114|
|Tahoe LS 4WD||$194||$314||$338||$20||$100||$966||$81|
|Tahoe LT 2WD||$184||$282||$358||$22||$108||$954||$80|
|Tahoe LT 4WD||$294||$536||$368||$22||$110||$1,330||$111|
|Tahoe LTZ 2WD||$146||$282||$330||$20||$98||$876||$73|
|Tahoe LTZ 4WD||$172||$312||$362||$22||$108||$976||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in vehicle location which can change premiums substantially.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only
The chart below shows the difference between Chevrolet Tahoe car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. Data assumes no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no definitive rule that works best for making the decision to drop full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Chevrolet Tahoe settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $200 a year for your policy with full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Cheaper Aurora insurance quotes with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you can get discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Auto/Life Discount - Larger insurance companies have a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Pay Early and Save - By making one initial payment as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Multi-car Discount - Having multiple cars with the same insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Renewal Discounts - Select insurance companies give a discount for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current Tahoe insurance policy. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Driver's Ed - It's a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver's education as it can save substantially.
- ABS Brakes - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, it's just not the way it works.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA has discounts for AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-policy, anti-theft, good driver, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including good student, pay in full, mature driver, early shopping, and switch companies.
- GEICO may offer discounts for emergency military deployment, air bags, multi-policy, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, and federal employee.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including safety device, renters, defensive driver, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, and emergency road assistance.
- SAFECO includes discounts for accident prevention training, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, homeowner, teen safety rewards, and multi-car.
- State Farm has savings for anti-theft, student away at school, driver's education, Drive Safe & Save, good student, multiple policy, and safe vehicle.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply in your state.
How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
When buying auto insurance it's important to understand some of the factors that go into determining auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may result in better auto insurance rates. Many factors are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your commute time.
The type of car you drive affects your prices - The type of car you own makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Since the Chevrolet Tahoe is a standard SUV, insurance will be slightly more than the average rate where you live in Aurora. Economy passenger vehicles usually are quite affordable to insure, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Single vs. married - Having a spouse may cut your premiums when buying auto insurance. Marriage may mean you are less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Lower rates with alarm systems - Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Systems that thwart theives such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent car theft.
Urban areas may pay more - Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People who live in big cities have more aggressive driving styles and more time behind the wheel. Spending more time driving statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Loss probability for a Chevy Tahoe - Auto insurance companies analyze past claim statistics to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that historically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Chevy Tahoe vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendancy for claims to be larger.
Chevrolet Tahoe Insurance Loss Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Tahoe 4dr 2WD||82||90||105||70||63||88|
|Chevrolet Tahoe 4dr 4WD||83||89||103||68||62||80|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local neighborhood agents and auto insurance
A lot of people just want to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Aurora.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes to get your business. You won't need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. Any good agent in Aurora should know the answers to these questions.
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
Upon getting positive responses as well as a affordable price, it's a good possibility that you have found a company that is reliable enough to adequately provide auto insurance. Just keep in mind you can always cancel a policy whenever you want so never assume that you're stuck with a specific agent indefinitely.
Do I need special coverages?
When buying coverage, there really is not a "perfect" insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Colorado?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Big brands don't always mean big savings
Colorado drivers can't ignore all the ads for cheaper car insurance from the likes of 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to seem to make the promise that people will save if you get a free Aurora auto insurance quote and switch your car insurance policy to them.
How do they all offer drivers better rates? It's all in how they say it.
All companies have specific criteria for the type of customer that will add to their bottom line. For instance, a driver they prefer could be over the age of 40, has no prior claims, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. A propective insured who matches that profile will probably get cheap rates and will probably save when they switch companies.
Drivers who fall outside this stringent profile will get higher premium rates which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The wording the ads use say "customers that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that much money. This is how companies can make the claims of big savings.
This really emphasizes why it is so important to get a wide range of price quotes. Because you cannot predict which company will have the lowest prices for your situation.
Cheaper car insurance premiums are out there
We covered a lot of techniques to get a better price on Chevy Tahoe insurance in Aurora. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you'll have of finding low cost Aurora auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
Lower-priced Chevy Tahoe insurance in Aurora can be bought both online in addition to many Aurora insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service, denial of a claim and even extreme rates for teen drivers. No matter why you want to switch, switching car insurance companies is easier than you think.
More detailed car insurance information is located at these sites:
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Pueblo, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Colorado Springs, CO? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Longmont, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Parker, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Westminster, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)