Do you want an efficient way to compare more competitive Buick Regal insurance in Colorado Springs? There isn't anyone who looks forward to paying premiums for auto insurance, especially when they are aware that the price is too high.
A study showed that the vast majority of auto insurance customers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never taken the time to shop around. Consumers in Colorado Springs could cut their rates by roughly 35% a year by just shopping around, but they just don't understand the rate savings if they switched to a more affordable policy.
There are many auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, more options can take longer to find the best rates for your vehicles.
It's a great practice to do price comparisons occasionally since insurance rates change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best premium rates on Buick Regal insurance in Colorado Springs on your last policy you will most likely find a better price today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we're going to show you the best methods to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Choosing the best rates in Colorado Springs is really quite easy. Essentially every car owner who is shopping for auto insurance will buy a cheaper policy. Nevertheless, Colorado vehicle owners do need to learn the methods companies use to price insurance differently.
You may qualify for discounts for Buick Regal insurance in Colorado Springs
Some insurance providers don't always list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Early Renewal Discounts - A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy early. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Multi-car Discount - Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Good Drivers - Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- E-sign - A few larger online companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application digitally online.
- 55 and Retired - Older drivers could receive lower premium rates.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Putting coverage on a new Regal can save you some money due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Organization Discounts - Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on car insurance.
- Seat Belts Save - Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don't apply the the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like it's possible to get free car insurance, it's just not the way it works.
Companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, and online signing.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for mature driver, good student, youthful driver, multi-car, and teen driver.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for good student, driver training, multi-policy, 55 and retired, and youthful driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, multiple autos, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO discounts include membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, driver training, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, multi-car, bundle discounts, homeowner, safe driver, and accident prevention training.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for newly married, preferred payment discount, safety features, multi-policy, teen driver discount, new move discount, and exclusive group savings.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Colorado Springs. To view insurance companies who offer cheap Buick Regal insurance quotes in Colorado, click here to view.
When comparison shopping, having more price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate than you're paying now. Some regional insurers cannot provide price estimates online, so it's important to compare quotes from those companies as well.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance Price Influencing Factors
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but some are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
Married people drive safer - Walking down the aisle may cut your premiums when shopping for insurance. Having a spouse may mean you are more responsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Vehicles with better crash test results means lower rates - Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can result in lower premiums.
Does your job raise your premiums? - Jobs such as lawyers, business owners and emergency personnel generally pay higher average rates attributed to intense work-related stress and long work hours. On the other hand, careers like professors, athletes and retirees have lower than average premiums.
Bump up physical damage deductibles to lower rates - Your deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Protection for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be a windshield broken by a bird, vandalism, or theft of your vehicle. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
Drivers with good credit save - Having a bad credit score is a big factor in calculating your insurance rates. If your credit could use some work, you may save money insuring your Buick Regal by improving your credit score. People with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores.
Allowing your insurance to lapse raises premiums - Having a lapse in insurance coverage will be a sure-fire way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Insurance loss data for a Buick Regal - Car insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when they file their rates in each state. Models that the data shows to have higher losses will have a higher premium rate.
The table below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Buick Regal vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Values under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage values above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Buick Regal Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Buick Regal 2WD||96||92||82||104||94||97|
|Buick Regal 4WD||113||87|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no "best" method to buy coverage. Your needs are unique to you so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Can I insure my car for more than it's worth?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Local Colorado Springs insurance agents and auto insurance
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get cheaper premium rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes to get your business. There is no need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you would need to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- When do they do a full risk review?
Colorado Springs auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local Colorado Springs insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance policy providers are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on what they offer which aids in selling service over price.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Colorado Springs that can give you rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. When comparing auto insurance rates, it's recommended you get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison.
The following are Colorado Springs independent insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Once you have received good responses to any questions you may have and a low price estimate, it's possible that you found an insurance agency that can be relied on to insure your vehicles. Just be aware that consumers can cancel coverage whenever you choose to so don't think that you are permanently stuck with a specific agent indefinitely.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the high cost, car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Regal, most lenders will require that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Buick at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, car insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Buick as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver overpays as much as $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to ensure rates are inline.
Don't give up on affordable rates
Lower-priced car insurance in Colorado Springs can be bought online and with local Colorado Springs insurance agents, so get free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not offer rate quotes online and these small, regional companies work with local independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Colorado Springs, CO? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Thornton, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)