Buying the lowest cost Denver Audi A3 insurance quotes on the internet might appear intimidating for consumers new to quoting and comparing rates and buying insurance on the web. With literally dozens of companies competing online, how can consumers be able to compare every possible option in order to find the best pricing?
It's hard to believe, but 70% of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Colorado can save about $605 each year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they switched.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
Many things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other factors are more transparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
Lower rates with a multi-policy discount - Many insurance companies will award better rates to people who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it's always a smart idea to compare Audi A3 rates in Denver to ensure the best deal. You may still save even more by buying insurance from more than one company.
If you don't need it don't buy it - There are many extra bells and whistles you can purchase if you aren't diligent. Things like rental car coverage, better glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. The coverages may be enticing initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
Rates and your address - Residing in a small town has it's advantages when shopping for auto insurance. People who live in big cities regularly have more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. Lower population means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Pleasure use saves money - The more you drive in a year's time the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that do not get driven very much receive lower rates than those used for commuting. It's a good idea to make sure your insurance coverage shows how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your A3 may be costing you higher rates.
When should you not file a claims? - Auto insurance companies in Colorado award cheaper rates to insureds who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
A policy lapse can increase insurance rates - Allowing your coverage to lapse is a sure-fire way to increase your insurance rates. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines or a revoked license.
Loss probability for an Audi A3 - Insurers use claims history to help determine prices. Vehicles that have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have increased rates. The table shown below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Audi A3 vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Values that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Audi A3 Models
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi A3 4dr 2WD||152||90||109||85|
|Audi A3 4dr 4WD||147||73||111||80|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare Denver Audi A3 insurance price quotes
All the larger auto insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get coverage price quotes on the web. Doing online price comparisons for Audi A3 insurance in Denver is quite simple because you just enter your coverage information as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, their system will obtain your driving record and credit report and quotes a price based on these factors.
This makes it simple to compare prices and it's absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to find the lowest payment.
In order to use this form to compare rates, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you input coverages and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This helps ensure you will have a fair comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Colorado. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A3 2.0T Premium Package||$260||$630||$396||$24||$118||$1,428||$119|
|A3 2.0T Premium Plus Package||$144||$332||$368||$22||$110||$976||$81|
|A3 2.0T Quattro||$330||$630||$358||$22||$108||$1,448||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in your specific Denver location which can affect price quotes greatly.
Does full coverage make sense?
The example below shows the comparison of Audi A3 auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data assumes no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop full coverage
There isn't a written rule to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's assume your Audi A3 settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $400 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Audi A3 insurance prices for different age groups. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Why you need to buy insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Audi A3 in Denver, buying insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your A3 with a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Audi at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Audi as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in Colorado overpays as much as $869 every year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Get affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but companies offer discounts that many people don't even know exist. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but a few must be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Government Employee Discount - Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Denver auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Telematics Discount - People who choose to allow their car insurance company to look at their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Accident Waiver - Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like State Farm and Allstate may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don't have any claims prior to the accident.
- Membership in Organizations - Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings when getting a Denver auto insurance quote.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren't that generous. But all discounts will definitely reduce the cost of your policy.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer some of the above discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company how you can save money. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To locate providers that offer multiple discounts in Denver, click this link.
Buying from insurance agents
Certain consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is important particularly in Denver.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your business. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you prefer to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agents in Denver may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing insurance rates, you absolutely need to get several quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many can place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Denver that may be able to provide free price quotes.
- Affordable American Insurance-Lloyd Nguyen Agency
1834 S Sheridan Blvd - Denver, CO 80232 - (303) 936-7233 - View Map
- L A Insurance
2684 S Broadway - Denver, CO 80210 - (303) 282-8000 - View Map
- American Home Insurance Agency
7505 E Harvard Ave - Denver, CO 80231 - (888) 325-8108 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. These agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than low price.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Denver who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Eddie W. Pacheco
6200 E Yale Ave - Denver, CO 80222 - (303) 788-0777 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Abbie Davis Tanner Agency Inc
2855 Speer Blvd Suite D - Denver, CO 80211 - (303) 333-0205 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance Agent Mike
I-25 - Denver, CO 80231 - (303) 752-2900 - View Map
Picking a insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Denver should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Denver?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
Cheap insurance rates are out there
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver, policy non-renewal and even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
As you quote Denver auto insurance, it's a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can find lower-cost Audi A3 insurance in Denver. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Denver auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Arvada, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Thornton, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)