How long have you put off shopping around for low-cost car insurance rates in Denver, CO? Denver consumers have many options when looking for low-cost Acura TL insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents getting price quotes or utilize the internet to compare rates.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for car insurance so you're going to learn the quickest way to get price quotes on a Acura and obtain the lowest price either online or from Denver insurance agents.
Statistics show that nearly 70% of customers have remained with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and just under half have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Many drivers in Denver could save up to 35% each year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they bought a different policy.
The purpose of this post is to teach you a little about the best way to buy inexpensive insurance and how to save the most money. If you currently have insurance, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the tips covered below. Vehicle owners only need to know the best way to compare rates on the web.
Companies offering affordable Acura TL prices in Denver, CO
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Colorado. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TL 3.5 W/Technology Package||$216||$340||$460||$28||$138||$1,182||$99|
|TL 3.7 SH AWD||$192||$360||$330||$20||$98||$1,000||$83|
|TL 3.7 SH W/Technology Package AWD||$378||$910||$474||$28||$142||$1,932||$161|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in specific location which can influence rates greatly.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and fender-benders can influence Acura TL auto insurance costs for different age categories. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Acura TL insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Colorado. The information is based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no set rule to eliminate full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Acura TL replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If it's costing you more than $700 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Gender-based auto insurance rates
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Acura TL auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Slash rates with these discounts
Car insurance companies do not list all possible discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below contains a few of the more common and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Policy Bundle Discount - When you have multiple policies with one company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Responsible Drivers - Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Denver car insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Low annual miles can qualify you for lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Mature Driver Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Having primary and secondary vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Pay Early and Save - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
Don't be shocked that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn't work that way.
A few companies that may offer quotes with these benefits include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in Denver. For a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in Denver, click this link.
Buy Acura TL Insurance at a Discount
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that help calculate your insurance rates. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you big savings. Many different elements are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but others are less apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
Listed below are some of the most common factors used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- Deter theft and reduce rates - Selecting a car model with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent vehicle theft.
- Accidents are costly - Even a single moving violation could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. Good drivers get better rates than bad drivers. People who have severe citations such as DUI or reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Your age impacts your costs - Youthful drivers in Colorado are statistically proven to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates. Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, are lower risk to insure, and get fewer tickets.
- Prices impacted by vehicle usage - The more you drive annually the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies price each vehicle's coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. It's a smart idea to ensure your vehicle rating properly reflects the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect rating for your TL can result in significantly higher rates.
- Insurance loss data for Acura TL vehicles - Insurers use historical loss data to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Models that are shown to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher cost to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Acura TL vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Acura TL Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura TLX 4dr 2WD 90 75 97 93 74 77 Acura TLX 4dr 4WD 120 75
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
There's no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For example, these questions might point out whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Acura TL?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
If you can't answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
Shop online but buy locally
Many people just want to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! Good agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is still important in Denver.
By using this quick form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents in Denver that give free quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Independent or Exclusive: It's your choice
If you want to use a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Denver agents can be classified as either independent or exclusive. Either type can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it's worth learning why they differ because it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you.
If you need lower rates, you definitely need to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. Many can place coverage with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Denver who may be able to give you free auto insurance quotes.
- American Home Insurance Agency
7505 E Harvard Ave - Denver, CO 80231 - (888) 325-8108 - View Map
- Longevity Insurance Brokers
100 Fillmore St - Denver, CO 80206 - (720) 209-4598 - View Map
- All Insurance Agency
67 Knox Ct - Denver, CO 80219 - (303) 935-3661 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company's products which can be an advantage. Many people use the same agent mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Denver that are able to give price quotes.
- Lori Rickert State Farm??
714 S Pearl St - Denver, CO 80209 - (303) 757-7440 - View Map
- Tammy Hill - State Farm Insurance Agent
4650 Tower Rd Unit 101 - Denver, CO 80249 - (303) 373-9500 - View Map
- Beth Bales - State Farm Insurance Agent
3650 S Yosemite St #408 - Denver, CO 80237 - (303) 993-2727 - View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Denver should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Can you contact them at any time?
Upon getting positive responses to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it's possible that you found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to provide auto insurance coverage.
Affordable Acura TL insurance in Denver can be purchased both online in addition to many Denver insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
We just showed you a lot of information how to reduce Acura TL insurance premium rates online in Denver. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with a small local company. They may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
While you're price shopping online, don't be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Much more information about car insurance in Colorado can be read below:
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Arvada, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)