Would you like to stop overpaying and find more competitive Volvo S80 insurance in Fort Collins? Consumers that are new to comparing insurance rates on the web are likely to discover purchasing cheaper S80 insurance is harder than it should be.
It's hard to believe, but the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and nearly half have never compared rate quotes at all. Colorado drivers could pocket as much as 35% a year, but they don't want to spend time to compare rates.
Keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area increases the chance that you will find more affordable insurance. Some companies don't provide price estimates online, so you need to compare price quotes from those companies as well.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S80 T6 AWD||$342||$620||$352||$20||$106||$1,440||$120|
|S80 Executive AWD||$308||$696||$474||$28||$142||$1,648||$137|
|S80 V8 AWD||$324||$688||$368||$22||$110||$1,512||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific location which can influence rates significantly.
Volvo S80 insurance costs by gender and age in Fort Collins
The chart below compares Volvo S80 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Get cheaper Volvo S80 insurance rates in Fort Collins
Car insurance is expensive, but you can get discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Sign Online - Certain insurance companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing over the internet.
- College Student - College-age children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Telematics Discount - Drivers that enable driving data submission to analyze when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm's In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Safe Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
It's important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it's just not the way it works.
Companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for driver's education, passive restraint, anti-theft, multiple policy, safe vehicle, and good driver.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, defensive driver, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, and emergency military deployment.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include new graduate, teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, safety features, new move discount, and newly married.
- The Hartford offers discounts including anti-theft, driver training, air bag, good student, vehicle fuel type, and bundle.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, good student, and good driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, and multi-policy.
It's a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Fort Collins.
How You Can Control Volvo S80 Insurance Prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are used when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are some of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Less chance of injury means lower auto insurance rates - Safer cars cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less and lower rates for you. If your Volvo S80 earned at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Getting married brings a discount - Walking down the aisle helps lower the price on your policy. It demonstrates that you tend to be more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Liability claims can be big - Your policy's liability coverage provides coverage if ever a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense to defend your case. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Pleasure use saves money - The higher the miles on your Volvo in a year's time the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Cars that have low annual miles cost less to insure than those that get driven frequently. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating correctly shows the proper vehicle usage. Having the wrong rating on your S80 may be wasting your money.
- Accidents cost more than a fine - Careful drivers have lower premiums compared to bad drivers. Getting just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance forty percent or more. Drivers who have gotten flagrant tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Volvo S80 insurance claim data - Insurance companies study historical loss data when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that historically have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Volvo S80 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Values that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Volvo S80 Models
Specific Volvo Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo S80 4dr 2WD 82 Volvo S80 4dr 4WD 93
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local Fort Collins insurance agents
Some people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and also buy local. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Fort Collins.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to insurance agents in Fort Collins who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can get cheaper insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing an insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Fort Collins, get answers to these questions.
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Fort Collins?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
Persistent drivers can save
Cheap Volvo S80 insurance in Fort Collins is available on the web and with local Fort Collins insurance agents, so you need to quote Fort Collins auto insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not have online quoting and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent and being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn't matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
When you buy Fort Collins auto insurance online, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an insured cut liability coverage limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
More detailed car insurance information is available in these articles:
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)