How long has it been since you compared quotes for cheaper auto insurance rates in Denver, CO? Denver drivers have options when trying to find the lowest priced Volvo S60 insurance. They can either spend hours calling around trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates. There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the proper way to get price quotes for your Volvo and get the lowest price from both online companies and Denver agents.
A recent study showed that 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Many consumers in Denver could save almost 35% every year, but they don't know the big savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
It is always a good idea to take a look at other company's rates at least once a year because auto insurance prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Volvo S60 insurance in Denver six months ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're about to learn the tricks you need to know to get good coverage on Volvo S60 insurance in Denver at a lower rate.
Choosing the best rates in Denver is much easier if you know where to start. If you have a current insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your rates using the tips covered below. Comparison shoppers just have to know the quickest method to compare company rates from many different companies online.
Best Volvo S60 insurance rates in Colorado
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Lower-cost Volvo S60 insurance in Denver
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might already qualify for some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some discounts will apply when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don't have any claims for a specific time period.
- Own a Home - Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on insurance since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Military Discounts - Being on active duty in the military can result in better insurance rates.
- Government Employees - Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with certain companies.
- Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Telematics Devices - Policyholders that allow their insurance company to track driving patterns by installing a telematics device such as State Farm's In-Drive might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying a new car instead of a used S60 is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Low Miles Discount - Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn cheaper prices.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears you could get a free insurance policy, you're out of luck. But any discount will lower your policy premiums.
Popular insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-car, education and occupation, multi-policy, good driver, good student, AAA membership discount, and pay-in-full.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for good student, teen driver, switch companies, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, and multi-car.
- GEICO may have discounts that include air bags, driver training, military active duty, multi-vehicle, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, and defensive driver.
- Esurance has discounts for homeowner, online quote, good driver, emergency road assistance, claim free, and paid-in-full.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safe driver, homeowner, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, and accident prevention training.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple autos, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, and good student.
When quoting, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not be available everywhere. If you would like to view insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Colorado, click this link.
You may want advice from an agent
A small number of people just want to buy from a licensed agent. Professional agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is you may find cheaper car insurance rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Denver that provide free Denver car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Denver for you
If you want a reputable insurance agent or broker, it's important to understand the types of agencies and how they operate. Agencies in Denver are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand the subtle differences because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies work for only one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. They are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Denver willing to provide rate quotes.
- Hiram Licea - State Farm Insurance Agent
3600 Morrison Rd - Denver, CO 80219 - (303) 935-7475 - View Map
- Val Laskowski - State Farm Insurance Agent
5353 W Dartmouth Ave #410 - Denver, CO 80227 - (303) 987-8849 - View Map
- Stephanie Sponder - State Farm Insurance Agent
671 E 19th Ave - Denver, CO 80203 - (303) 744-0757 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to compare prices from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. They often place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with who may have lower rates.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Denver that can give you price quotes.
- Moschetti Michael - Isu Insurance Svc Of Co
950 17th St #1000 - Denver, CO 80202 - (303) 534-2133 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Lloyd Pro Group Agency
1400 S Columbine St - Denver, CO 80210 - (970) 230-3020 - View Map
- American Home Insurance Agency
7505 E Harvard Ave - Denver, CO 80231 - (888) 325-8108 - View Map
Is there truth in advertising?
Consumers constantly see and hear ads that claim the lowest auto insurance rates by 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all advertise the message that you can save if you change your coverage to them.
How can each company claim to save you money? Here is the trick they use.
Insurance providers look for specific characteristics for the right customer that will add to their bottom line. A good example of this type of driver may be over the age of 35, carries high limits, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Any customer that meets those criteria will get low auto insurance rates and therefore will save money with a new company.
Potential insureds who fall short of these criteria may receive higher prices which results in business not being written. If you pay attention, the ads say "drivers who switch" not "everybody who quotes" save that much when switching. That's the way companies can advertise the way they do. Because of these techniques, drivers must do a price quote comparison at every renewal. It's just too difficult to predict which company will have the lowest rate quotes.
Frequent quotes can save
The cheapest Volvo S60 insurance in Denver is possible both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not provide rate quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver or even not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is not as hard as you think.
We just presented many ways to shop for Volvo S60 insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Volvo S60 insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)