When looking for cheaper insurance, are you intimidated by the crazy number of insurance sources in your area? Many other drivers are too. There are such a large number of options that it can be a ton of work to find better prices for Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Fort Collins. Fort Collins is the perfect city to reside in, but expensive insurance premiums makes it very hard to afford good insurance coverage.
A recent insurance study revealed that a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in Colorado being $1,813, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don't understand how simple it is to compare rates.
Quote Fort Collins Volkswagen Tiguan insurance online
Just remember that getting more free quotes will increase your chances of finding the best rates. Not every company allows you to get price estimates online, so you need to compare rates from them as well.
The providers in the list below offer free rate quotes in Colorado. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tiguan S 2WD||$336||$672||$404||$24||$120||$1,556||$130|
|Tiguan S 2WD||$190||$362||$338||$20||$102||$1,012||$84|
|Tiguan SE 4Motion AWD||$294||$630||$314||$18||$94||$1,350||$113|
|Tiguan SEL 4Motion AWD||$294||$662||$338||$20||$102||$1,416||$118|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in specific Fort Collins garaging location which can impact premiums greatly.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The diagram below illustrates how violations and fender-benders raise Volkswagen Tiguan insurance costs for each different age category. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Don't overlook these Volkswagen Tiguan insurance discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Resident Student - Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Fort Collins and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- E-sign - A few companies will provide an incentive shop Fort Collins auto insurance on the internet.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger insurance carriers have a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Telematics Data - Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as State Farm's In-Drive might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Defensive Driver - Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- Good Driver Discounts - Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
To choose car insurance companies who offer online Volkswagen Tiguan insurance quotes in Colorado, follow this link.
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Fort Collins, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Volkswagen at a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $700 annually so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Buying insurance from Fort Collins auto insurance agents
Many drivers would rather get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is definitely important in Fort Collins.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Fort Collins that can provide free Fort Collins auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your house as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you need to find a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agencies in Fort Collins can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to check rates from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many can place coverage with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Fort Collins who may provide pricing information.
- John C. Beckett and Associates
220 Smith St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 484-2805 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Mountain Plains Agency LLC
4532 Mcmurry Ave Ste 101 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 206-0800 - View Map
- Front Range Insurance Group
1100 Haxton Dr # 100 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 223-1804 - View Map
These agents can only provide one company's prices and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are highly trained on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Below are Fort Collins exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Shelter Insurance - Bruce Johnson
4020 S College Ave #10 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 226-5034 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - David Stansfield
5125 S College Ave b - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 204-0020 - View Map
- Daryl Alexander - State Farm Insurance Agent
5205 S College Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 493-2196 - View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a low price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?