Finding budget Aurora Toyota Tundra insurance quotes is somewhat difficult for people that are not comfortable with quoting and comparing rates online. With more and more insurance companies available, how are we expected to efficiently compare every company in order to find the best pricing?
Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates from other carriers. Colorado insurance shoppers could save 35% every year by just shopping around, but they feel it's too difficult to compare rates online.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the best price on Toyota Tundra insurance in Aurora on your last policy you can probably find a better rate now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the right way to save on auto insurance.
Companies offering cheap Toyota Tundra prices in Aurora, CO
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Colorado. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tundra Regular Cab 2WD||$166||$298||$448||$26||$134||$1,072||$89|
|Tundra SR/5 Double Cab 2WD||$186||$354||$536||$32||$160||$1,268||$106|
|Tundra SR/5 Crew Max 2WD||$344||$546||$520||$30||$156||$1,596||$133|
|Tundra Regular Cab 4WD||$242||$362||$404||$24||$122||$1,154||$96|
|Tundra Double Cab 4WD||$240||$416||$516||$30||$154||$1,356||$113|
|Tundra SR/5 Double Cab 4WD||$342||$546||$396||$24||$118||$1,426||$119|
|Tundra Limited Double Cab 2WD||$284||$434||$520||$30||$156||$1,424||$119|
|Tundra Limited Crew MAX 2WD||$266||$546||$382||$22||$114||$1,330||$111|
|Tundra Limited Crew MAX 4WD||$216||$370||$382||$22||$114||$1,104||$92|
|Tundra SR/5 Crew Max 4WD||$368||$630||$404||$24||$122||$1,548||$129|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can lower or raise insurance rates considerably.
Full coverage or liability only
The illustration below shows the comparison of Toyota Tundra auto insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula that is best for determining when to drop full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Toyota Tundra replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $300 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can increase Toyota Tundra insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The costs are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Earn discounts on Aurora insurance
Some insurers don't list all their discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Accident Free - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to track driving manner by using a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like GEICO and Allstate will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver's education course as it can save substantially.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Safe Driver Discount - Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Distant College Student Discount - Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and don't have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Good Grades Discount - Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance policy, you won't be that lucky.
The best insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include teen driver, early shopping, switch companies, bundle discounts, homeowner, and distant student.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, driver's education, student away at school, and multiple policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for newly married, multi-car, teen driver discount, new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, and newly retired.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, and good student.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
If you want the cheapest Toyota Tundra rate quotes, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts may not apply in your area. To see insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Aurora, click this link.
How You Can Control Toyota Tundra Insurance Costs
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could help you find better insurance rates.
The factors shown below are some of the items insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
Improve your credit score - Having a bad credit score is a big factor in determining your rates. People that have good credit tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit. If your credit score is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Toyota Tundra if you clean up your credit.
The type of car you drive affects your rates - The performance of the vehicle you drive makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. Since the Toyota Tundra is classified as a pickup truck, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price compared to average rates in Aurora. Low performance passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Maintain insurance coverage - Going without insurance can be a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time. You will then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Colorado department of motor vehicles.
Extra policy coverages push up costs - There are many extra coverages that you can buy if you aren't careful. Things like personal injury protection, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if you don't need them remove them and pocket the money.
Drive less and save - The more you drive annually the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. Many insurance companies apply a rate based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. An incorrectly rated Tundra can cost quite a bit. Ask your agent if your policy reflects how each vehicle is driven.
Your address can modify price - Being located in less populated areas of the country has it's advantages when it comes to insurance. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers in populated Colorado areas regularly have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. Longer commute distances statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
More than one policy can earn a discount - Most larger insurers give discounts to customers who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be as much as ten percent or more Even if you qualify for this discount already, consumers should still compare Toyota Tundra rates in Aurora to ensure the best deal. It's possible to still save even more even if you insure with multiple companies
Toyota Tundra insurance claim data - Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when setting rates for each model. Models that statistically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will be charged more to insure. The data below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Toyota Tundra vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probablilty for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, equals 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Toyota Tundra Insurance Claim Statistics
|Specific Toyota Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota Tundra CrewMax 2WD||88||105||96||63||75||94|
|Toyota Tundra CrewMax 4WD||97||113||105||64||51||77|
|Toyota Tundra Double Cab 2WD||95||131||90||85||84||107|
|Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4WD||86||112||93||53||55||79|
|Toyota Tundra Double Cab LWB 4WD||93||115||69|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I need special coverages?
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured's situation is different and your insurance should unique, too. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Local agents and insurance
Certain consumers still prefer to have an agent's advice and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about getting online price quotes is you can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local agencies is important particularly in Aurora.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to participating agents in Aurora who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Aurora for you
When finding a local insurance agency, it's helpful to know the different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Aurora agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies through many companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to get quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most independent agents also contract with companies you've never heard of which may provide better rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Aurora that can give you price quotes.
- Dickson Insurance Agency
4093 S Olathe Ct - Aurora, CO 80013 - (303) 693-1936 - View Map
- Diversified Commercial Insurers
2228 S Fraser St #2 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 693-9343 - View Map
- A All City Auto Insurance
9720 E Colfax Ave - Aurora, CO 80010 - (303) 364-0555 - View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company's prices and examples are Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company's rates so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Aurora that are able to give rate quotes.
- Mike Gibbs - State Farm Insurance Agent
3140 S Parker Rd #2 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 699-2800 - View Map
- Bill Mahaffy III - State Farm Insurance Agent
15281 E Smoky Hill Rd - Aurora, CO 80015 - (720) 886-0400 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Larry Meurisse
1710 S Buckley Rd Unit 6 - Aurora, CO 80017 - (303) 752-1441 - View Map
Choosing an auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Aurora?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Colorado?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Aurora?
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that will provide insurance coverage. Keep in mind it's your coverage and you can terminate coverage any time you want so don't feel you are locked into your new company for the entire policy term.
A little work can save a LOT of money
As you prepare to switch companies, it's very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where someone dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to get a better price on Toyota Tundra insurance in Aurora. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Fort Collins, CO? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Ken Caryl, Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Equinox in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance Rates for Felons? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)