Wish you could get out of an expensive insurance policy? Say no more because there are lots of Colorado Springs residents who feel the same.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that most consumers have remained with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many consumers in Colorado can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they just don't understand the large savings they would see if they switch to a new company. Consumers have multiple auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and even though it's nice to be able to choose, it can be more challenging to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
Consumers need to compare premium rates occasionally since insurance rates change regularly. Just because you found the best deal on Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Colorado Springs six months ago there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you're about to find out the only way to buy cheaper Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Colorado Springs.
Locating the best rates in Colorado Springs is easy if you know what you're doing. If you have insurance now or just want cheaper rates, you will benefit by learning to find the best rates without reducing coverage. Drivers only have to learn how to shop for insurance using one simple form.
Affordable Colorado Springs Mitsubishi Mirage insurance price quotes
Finding a better price on car insurance is surprisingly easy. You just have to invest a little time comparing rate quotes provided by online insurance companies.
It's so easy to compare rate quotes online that it takes the place of having to drive to different Colorado Springs agent offices. Quoting Mitsubishi Mirage insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you're the type of person who wants the personal advice of a local agency. Some companies do allow you to obtain prices from the web but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Most are applied at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one isn't a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Anti-theft Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on Mirage insurance in Colorado Springs.
- Renewal Discounts - Some auto insurance companies provide a discount for switching companies before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Accident Free - Colorado Springs drivers who stay claim-free pay much less compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Payment Discounts - By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Options like air bags may get savings of 20% or more.
- Buy New and Save - Putting insurance on a new Mirage is cheaper because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Telematics Data - Insureds who allow their auto insurance company to spy on driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive's Snapshot might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, you're out of luck.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- The Hartford has savings for good student, air bag, defensive driver, anti-theft, driver training, and bundle.
- American Family offers discounts for good student, Steer into Savings, accident-free, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, and early bird.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Travelers offers discounts including hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, continuous insurance, student away at school, good student, save driver, and new car.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for mature driver, electronic funds transfer, pay in full, good student, business and professional, alternative fuel, and multi-car.
- USAA discounts include safe driver, driver training, vehicle storage, loyalty savings, multi-vehicle, and military installation.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including good student, preferred payment discount, new graduate, hybrid vehicle, multi-car, and new vehicle discount.
If you need lower rates, check with every company which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in Colorado Springs. If you would like to view companies who offer discounts in Colorado Springs, click here to view.
When should I have guidance from an agent?
Many drivers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to companies in Colorado Springs who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Any good agent in Colorado Springs should know the answers to these questions.
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Is there a local claims center in Colorado Springs?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you need to find a reputable agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agents in Colorado Springs are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can provide auto insurance policies, but it's good to learn the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. They are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
The following are Colorado Springs exclusive agencies who can help you get price quotes.
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When comparing auto insurance rates, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Colorado Springs that are able to give price quotes.
Upon receiving good feedback to any questions you may have and locked in a price quote, it's possible that you found an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to provide auto insurance coverage. Just remember once you purchase a policy you can cancel your coverage any time you want so never assume you're contractually obligated to any specific company indefinitely.
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
Raise your deductibles for better costs - Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Mitsubishi from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and windstorm damage. The deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Prices impacted by your city - Living in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people living in that area corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate. People in densely populated areas regularly have more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. Spending more time driving means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Job stress can make you pay more - Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs like real estate brokers, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals tend to have higher rates than the rest of us in part from high stress and extremely grueling work hours. Other careers such as professors, historians and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
Cheaper premiums for prior coverage - Driving with no insurance is not a good idea and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in fines or a revoked license.
Why do you need liability coverage? - Liability insurance is the protection if ever you are responsible for an accident. Your policy's liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Getting married is a good thing - Walking down the aisle helps lower the price on your car insurance policy. Having a significant other is viewed as being more responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Claim-free discounts can add up - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims don't be surprised to see higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in Colorado provide the lowest premiums to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. Your car insurance is designed for more catestrophic claims.
Mitsubishi Mirage claim probability - Companies factor in insurance loss information as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that tend to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will cost more to insure. The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Mitsubishi Mirage vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is set at 100. Values under 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendancy for losses to be larger than average.
Mitsubishi Mirage Insurance Claim Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Choosing Mitsubishi Mirage insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Colorado Springs, insurance is required in Colorado but it also protects you in many ways.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Mirage has a loan, more than likely the lender will require that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Mitsubishi at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Mitsubishi gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $810 a year so it's recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Shop smart and save
As you quote Colorado Springs car insurance, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to get a better price on Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Colorado Springs. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Colorado Springs car insurance, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Much more information about insurance in Colorado can be read at these links:
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Colorado Car Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)