Do you want an efficient way to compare the cheapest Mazda 2 insurance in Colorado Springs? Are you a victim of an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? It's quite common and you're not alone.
Sadly, a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Colorado Springs insurance shoppers can cut their rates by up to 35% a year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Due to the fact that there are so many options when it comes to insurance, it is very difficult to choose the lowest price insurance company.
Finding cheaper auto insurance quotes is actually easier than you may think. Just take time to compare rate quotes online from several insurance companies.
Comparison shopping rate quotes online is easy and it makes it a waste of time to physically go to each insurance agency near you. Comparing Mazda 2 insurance rates online makes this unnecessary unless you require the extra assistance of a licensed agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to price shop your coverage online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The following companies provide quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some insurance providers don't list all discounts very well, so the list below contains both the well known as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Participating in a course in defensive driver could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Student Discounts - Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies don't profit that way.
If you would like to see a list of companies with the best Mazda 2 insurance discounts in Colorado Springs in Colorado Springs, follow this link.
Do I need an insurance agent?
A lot of people would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get the best rates and also buy local. Supporting small agencies is important particularly in Colorado Springs.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information is submitted to insurance agents in Colorado Springs who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
When narrowing the list to find a good insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance policy providers are considered either independent or exclusive. Either one can provide car insurance policies, but it's worth learning the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it's a good idea to compare quotes from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Colorado Springs who can help you get free car insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company's rates like Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Colorado Springs who can help you get price quotes.
Finding the right auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Colorado Springs?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
How to know if you need help
When buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone's situation is a little different.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Does my Mazda 2 need full coverage?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Is my Mazda 2 covered if I use it for business?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
How Your 2 Insurance Rates are Determined
It's important that you understand some of the factors that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower car insurance prices.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors that factor into your rates.
Tickets cost more than a fine - Getting just one citation may cause rates to rise substantially. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have careless citations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding are required to complete a SR-22 with their state's licensing department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Frequent insurance claims increase premiums - Companies in Colorado generally give the lowest premiums to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Low coverage deductibles cost more - Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a windshield shattered by a rock, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles represent how much money you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Drivers with excellent credit save - Having a bad credit score can be an important factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Therefore, if your credit is low, you could save money insuring your Mazda 2 by repairing your credit. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit scores.
Why you need Mazda vehicle insurance in Colorado
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Colorado Springs, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mazda has a lienholder, almost all lenders will require that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Mazda at a much higher rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Colorado overpays more than $830 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
You can find cheap coverage
You just learned many tips how you can find cheaper Mazda 2 insurance in Colorado Springs. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get auto insurance rates for, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Colorado Springs car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest rates come from an unexpected company.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, policy cancellation, policy non-renewal and even high prices. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding the right car insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
Cost effective Mazda 2 insurance can be sourced online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies may not offer online quoting and these smaller companies only sell through local independent agents.
To read more, link through to the articles below:
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Littleton, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)