Drivers fed up with high insurance rates and are new to comparing auto insurance rates online might discover locating low cost Lincoln MKX insurance is more work than they thought.
A recent car insurance study discovered that the majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Colorado drivers could save about $600 every year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don't grasp the rate savings if they switch to a new company.
Choosing the best rates in Colorado Springs is easy if you know what you're doing. If you have auto insurance now, you will surely be able to find better prices using the ideas presented in this article. Although Colorado drivers must learn how the larger insurance companies calculate your policy premium and use it to your advantage.
Just remember that comparing a large number of companies provides better odds of finding more affordable rates.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can impact rates substantially.
Should you raise deductibles?
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Lincoln MKX insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The chart below illustrates the difference between Lincoln MKX car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, auto insurance is required by state law in Colorado and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lincoln has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Lincoln for a much higher rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America is overpaying over $825 a year so compare rate quotes every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm consistently run ads in print and on television. All the companies state the claim that you'll save big if you get a free Colorado Springs car insurance quote and switch your car insurance policy to them. Is it even possible that every company can charge you less for auto insurance? This is how they do it.
Companies have a certain "appetite" for the right customer that is profitable for them. A good example of a profitable customer may be over the age of 35, has no driving citations, and has great credit. A customer who fits those characteristics receives the best rates in Colorado Springs and most likely will save a lot on Colorado Springs Lincoln MKX insurance if they switch.
Potential customers who don't qualify for the ideal profile will get higher rates which translates to the prospect going elsewhere. If you listen closely, the ads state "drivers that switch" not "everybody who quotes" can save as much as they claim. That's why companies can make those claims. That is why it's extremely important to get Colorado Springs car insurance quotes from several different companies. It is just not possible to predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
Score discounts on Colorado Springs insurance
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but a few need to be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Low Mileage - Driving fewer miles can earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver's education class in high school.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Claim-Free Discount - Claim-free drivers pay much less in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Military Rewards - Being on active deployment in the military can result in better insurance rates.
- Drive Safe and Save - Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Resident Student - Children who live away from home at college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Renewal Discounts - Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a new policy prior to your current MKX insurance policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
It's important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- MetLife has savings for multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver, accident-free, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for anti-theft, type of vehicle, multi-car, low natural disaster claims, multi-policy, ease of repair, and age of vehicle.
- Nationwide has discounts for Farm Bureau membership, good student, family plan, accident-free, business or organization, and easy pay.
- GEICO may have discounts that include defensive driver, air bags, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, and federal employee.
- AAA may include discounts for anti-theft, good student, multi-policy, multi-car, education and occupation, and AAA membership discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. Discounts may not be offered in every state. If you would like to see a list of companies who offer online Lincoln MKX insurance quotes in Colorado, click here to view.
Car insurance agents are trained to help
Some consumers would rather go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision A good thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Colorado Springs that can give you free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes to get your business. You never need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. Get lower rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any agent in Colorado Springs should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Which family members are covered?
- How are they compensated?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Colorado Springs?
- Is there a local claims center in Colorado Springs?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
If you want a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agencies can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot provide other company's prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand and strong financial ratings.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Colorado Springs that can give you price quote information.
- Chris Sutherland - State Farm Insurance Agent
6130 Barnes Rd #104 - Colorado Springs, CO 80922 - (719) 598-8211 - View Map
- Lee Ann Moore - State Farm Insurance Agent
3649 Star Ranch Rd - Colorado Springs, CO 80906 - (719) 540-9520 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Diane Christensen
1957 W Uintah St - Colorado Springs, CO 80904 - (719) 477-1636 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don't have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, you should always get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Many can place coverage with companies you've never heard of that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Colorado Springs that are able to give price quotes.
- Springs Insurance Brokers
1837 Austin Bluffs Pkwy #101 - Colorado Springs, CO 80918 - (719) 268-1300 - View Map
- WIN Insurance Agency
3485 Academy Blvd N Ste 101 - Colorado Springs, CO 80917 - (719) 599-9494 - View Map
- Jensen Insurance Agency
125 N Parkside Dr #201f - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 635-9557 - View Map
Which is the best auto insurance?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no "perfect" insurance plan. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Does my Lincoln MKX qualify for pleasure use?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
You can find affordable coverage
Some insurance providers don't offer price quotes online and usually these smaller providers work with independent agencies. Cheap Lincoln MKX insurance in Colorado Springs can be purchased from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture.
You just read a lot of ways to find affordable Lincoln MKX insurance in Colorado Springs. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Colorado Springs car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal, denial of a claim and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Auto Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford F-150 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Denver, CO? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)