If you are new to online car insurance, you can be baffled by the sheer number of local and online companies that all say they have the best rates for Honda Crosstour insurance in Denver.
It's amazing but nearly 70% of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never compared rates from other carriers. Colorado insurance shoppers could pocket nearly $605 a year, but they don't want to spend time to compare other rate quotes.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to buy cheaper insurance using the following tips. Pricing the best insurance coverage in Denver is not as confusing as people think. Nevertheless, Colorado car owners must know the methods companies use to calculate your policy premium and use it to find better rates.
The method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Honda Crosstour insurance in Denver is to know the trick most of the larger companies participate in a system to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like how many miles driven, if you're married, coverage limits, and any included safety features. Your insurance information gets sent immediately to insurance carriers in your area and you should receive rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To find lower cheap Honda Crosstour insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Denver.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Honda Crosstour in Denver, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Crosstour has a loan, more than likely the lender will require that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Honda at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects both your Honda Crosstour and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so it's important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Denver Insurance Rates are Influenced by These Factors
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating your premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors used by your company to calculate your rate level.
Prevent theft and save - Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Theft deterrent systems such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
Eliminate unneeded incidental coverages - Insurance policies have a lot of add-on coverages that may not really be needed when buying auto insurance. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them remove them and pocket the money.
Get hitched and pay lower costs - Walking down the aisle can get you a discount compared to being single. Having a spouse means you're more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
Premiums may be lower depending on your employer - Occupations like military generals, air traffic controllers, and financial analysts generally have higher rates than the rest of us due to high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, careers like scientists, historians and retirees have lower than average premiums.
These discounts can lower Honda Crosstour insurance rates
Some providers do not advertise all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has both the well known as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Low Mileage - Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn slightly better auto insurance rates than normal.
- Early Payment Discounts - If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Telematics Data - Insureds that choose to allow their auto insurance company to study vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- Military Discounts - Having a family member in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Completing a course in defensive driver can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Anti-theft Discount - Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Senior Citizens - Older drivers are able to get a slight reduction on a Denver auto insurance quote.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide before your rates go up if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car instead of a used Crosstour may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
The best auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- Farm Bureau has savings for multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, multi-policy, driver training, and youthful driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, driver's education, anti-theft, good student, student away at school, and multiple autos.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- Allstate includes discounts for auto/life discount, defensive driver, new car, FullPay discount, and anti-lock brakes.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include accident-free, business or organization, easy pay, good student, family plan, and defensive driving.
- MetLife may offer discounts for claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, good student, and defensive driver.
If you are trying to find affordable Denver auto insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts might not apply in Denver. To see providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
Compare rates but work with a local Denver insurance agency
Many people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is OK! A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Who are their largest clients?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Are they full-time agents?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
When searching for a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they work. Agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to compare other company's rates so it's a take it or leave it situation. They are trained well on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Denver that can give you comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Charles F. Simmons
797 S Pearl St - Denver, CO 80209 - (303) 722-0191 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Greg Delgado
2839 Wyandot St - Denver, CO 80211 - (720) 588-4111 - View Map
- Rick Emerson Jr. - State Farm Insurance Agent
4800 Happy Canyon Rd #230 - Denver, CO 80237 - (303) 781-1133 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not employed by one company so they can quote policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don't have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, you need to check rates from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. They often place coverage with different regional companies which may provide better rates.
The following are independent agencies in Denver who can help you get price quotes.
- Alliance General Insurance Agency
2696 CO-2 - Denver, CO 80222 - (303) 377-1172 - View Map
- Affordable American Insurance-Lloyd Nguyen Agency
1834 S Sheridan Blvd - Denver, CO 80232 - (303) 936-7233 - View Map
- Insurance Town and Country
1735 E 17th Ave #3 - Denver, CO 80218 - (303) 388-7216 - View Map
Once you have received acceptable answers to any questions you have as well as offering an affordable quote, it's possible that you found an insurance agency that is reputable and can adequately provide car insurance. Keep in mind you are entitled to cancel your coverage for any reason so don't assume that you are obligated to a policy for the entire policy term.
Affordable insurance premiums are out there
A few companies do not provide rate quotes online and these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents. The cheapest Honda Crosstour insurance in Denver can be sourced online in addition to many Denver insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
We just showed you a lot of information how to save on Honda Crosstour insurance in Denver. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, being labeled a high risk driver, delays in paying claims or unfair underwriting practices. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Fort Collins, CO? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Aurora, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Thornton, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)