Wish you could get out of an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Don't feel bad because many Colorado Springs consumers are in the same pinch.
Unimaginable but true, a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. American consumers could save as much as 47% every year, but they don't know the big savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
Due to the increasing number of online and local companies to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to pick the cheapest insurance company.
Lower-cost Colorado Springs insurance quotes with discounts
Some insurance providers don't list every possible discount very well, so the following list contains both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden ways to save on insurance.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Multi-line Discount - Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Smart Student Discounts - Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Cars that have air bags can get savings of more than 20%.
- Drive Less and Save - Keeping the miles down on your Honda could earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Accident Waiver - Not really a discount, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Senior Citizens - Mature drivers may qualify for a small discount on rates.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
To see insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Colorado Springs, follow this link.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more prices helps increase your odds of locating the best offered rates. Not every company provides online price quotes, so it's important to also get quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Colorado Springs, CO. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Insurance Price Influencing Factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your car insurance rates. If you know what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you big savings. Lots of things are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but some are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
The following are a few of the things that factor into your rate level.
- Lower car insurance rates with alarms and GPS tracking - Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent auto theft.
- What are good liability insurance limits? - Your policy's liability coverage will provide protection in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for an accident. Your policy's liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- Your occupation and car insurance rates - Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupational choices like judges, business owners and stock brokers generally pay higher rates than the rest of us due to job stress and long work days. On the flip side, careers like scientists, athletes and the unemployed get better rates.
- Better credit means lower premiums - A driver's credit score is a big factor in your rate calculation. Drivers who have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with bad credit. Therefore, if your credit history is lower than you'd like, you could pay less to insure your Honda Crosstour by improving your rating.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people still like to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is still important in Colorado Springs.
By using this short form, the quote information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agents in Colorado Springs can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always get some free quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Colorado Springs who may be able to give you free rate quotes.
These agents work for only one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are well schooled on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are Colorado Springs exclusive insurance agencies that can give you rate quotes.
American Family Insurance - Dean Skaret Agency Inc.
2340 Academy Blvd N - Colorado Springs, CO 80909 - (719) 597-4330 - View Map
Selecting an car insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Colorado Springs?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Colorado?
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Honda Crosstour in Colorado Springs, auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda for a much higher rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Colorado Springs is wasting up to $825 a year so shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Find affordable rates by being thorough
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to save on Honda Crosstour insurance in Colorado Springs. It's most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Colorado Springs auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest rates come from the smaller companies. Smaller companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Some auto insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents. Cost effective Honda Crosstour insurance is attainable online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection.
More information can be read at the links below
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Veterans in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance Rates for Felons? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)