I can't think of a single person who is fond of buying auto insurance, in particular when they are paying too much.
A study showed that 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Consumers in the U.S. could save roughly $850 a year just by comparing rates, but they don't believe the rate savings if they replace their high priced policy.
People have many auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, so many choices can make it hard to find the lowest rates for GMC Yukon insurance in Colorado Springs.
It's a great practice to check auto insurance prices periodically since prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the best deal on GMC Yukon insurance in Colorado Springs two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because it's time to teach you the fastest and easiest way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Colorado Springs can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you have insurance now, you will be able to shop for the lowest rates using the techniques covered below. Nevertheless, Colorado car owners must comprehend the way insurance companies market insurance on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes from local Colorado Springs car insurance companies. The simplest method to comparison shop consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Comparing free rates online is easy and it, replaces the need to physically go to each insurance agency near you. The ability to quote GMC Yukon insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the personal advice of a licensed agent. Although you can obtain prices from the web and still use a local agent.
Just remember that comparing more quotes helps locate a lower rate.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Colorado. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Yukon SLE 2WD||$238||$388||$338||$20||$100||$1,084||$90|
|Yukon SLE 4WD||$240||$416||$456||$28||$136||$1,276||$106|
|Yukon SLT 2WD||$186||$330||$426||$26||$128||$1,096||$91|
|Yukon SLT 4WD||$238||$362||$368||$22||$110||$1,100||$92|
|Yukon Denali 2WD||$326||$630||$396||$24||$118||$1,494||$125|
|Yukon Denali 4WD||$296||$546||$338||$20||$100||$1,300||$108|
|Yukon Hybrid 2WD||$364||$836||$516||$30||$154||$1,900||$158|
|Yukon Hybrid 4WD||$182||$382||$448||$26||$134||$1,172||$98|
|Yukon Hybrid Denali 2WD||$348||$566||$520||$30||$156||$1,620||$135|
|Yukon Hybrid Denali 4WD||$264||$554||$416||$24||$124||$1,382||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can raise or lower premiums considerably.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The diagram below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims can affect GMC Yukon insurance costs for each different age category. The data is based on a married male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Despite the potentially high cost of GMC Yukon insurance, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Colorado but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your GMC with a loan, almost all lenders will require you to have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your GMC at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $810 a year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to save money.
How Insurers Calculate GMC Yukon Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but others are more transparent like where you live or your financial responsibility.
The list below includes some of the items that factor into your rates.
- Cheaper insurance rates for prior coverage - Having an insurance coverage lapse can be a sure-fire way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Being married can lower costs - Walking down the aisle may save some money on your policy. Having a spouse usually means you are more financially stable and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- No policy claims equals lower insurance rates - Auto insurance companies in Colorado award the lowest premiums to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is designed for larger claims.
- Better drivers pay less - Having a single speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Drivers who don't get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. People who have serious violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive.
- Insurance loss probability for a GMC Yukon - Companies factor in historical loss data to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for coverage.
The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for GMC Yukon vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger claims.
GMC Yukon Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury GMC Yukon 4dr 2WD 86 96 112 66 GMC Yukon 4dr 4WD 86 89 117 63 61 69 GMC Yukon XL 1500 4dr 2WD 111 99 137 GMC Yukon XL 1500 4dr 4WD 104 126 128 59
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Determine discounts to get cheap Colorado Springs car insurance quotes
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there's a good chance there are discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but some must be specifically requested before being credited. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Defensive Driver - Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Good Student - Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Use Seat Belts - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Senior Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a slight reduction on a Colorado Springs car insurance quote.
- Theft Deterrent System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, that's just not realistic.
If you would like to view car insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Colorado Springs, click this link.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions might point out if you could use an agent's help.
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Colorado?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my GMC Yukon?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Colorado Springs car insurance agent
A lot of people prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to leave your house because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good provider should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Colorado Springs?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
Compare but don't skimp
While you're price shopping online, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut physical damage coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new car insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We just showed you some good ideas how to save on GMC Yukon insurance in Colorado Springs. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
Additional car insurance information is located at the links below
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Fort Collins, CO? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Thornton, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Highlands Ranch, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Colorado Car Insurance Rates for Felons? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)