Do you need a fast way to compare the cheapest GMC Canyon insurance in Aurora? Pricey auto insurance in Aurora can empty your bank account and put the squeeze on your family's finances. Doing a price comparison is an excellent way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Shocking but true, most auto insurance policyholders in Colorado have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. U.S. insurance shoppers could save about $860 every year by just comparing quotes, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to compare rate quotes.
Companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all promote huge savings with advertising and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the promise of big savings and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It's a good idea to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because insurance prices change frequently. Just because you had the lowest price on GMC Canyon insurance in Aurora on your last policy you can probably find a better rate now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I'm going to teach you one of the easiest ways to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
If you're already insured, you will definitely be able to reduce premiums using the ideas covered in this article. Choosing the best rates in Aurora can be easy if you know a few tricks. Nevertheless, Colorado drivers do need to understand how companies set your policy premium because it varies considerably.
How to buy Aurora GMC Canyon insurance online
When comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing a large number of companies increases the chance that you will find more affordable rates.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Aurora, CO. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$188||$348||$426||$26||$128||$1,116||$93|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 2WD||$226||$536||$368||$22||$110||$1,262||$105|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 2WD||$226||$562||$396||$24||$118||$1,326||$111|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$192||$368||$352||$20||$106||$1,038||$87|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$186||$290||$474||$28||$142||$1,120||$93|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 2WD||$214||$362||$358||$22||$108||$1,064||$89|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 2WD||$266||$526||$426||$26||$128||$1,372||$114|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 4WD||$190||$312||$396||$24||$118||$1,040||$87|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$144||$350||$396||$24||$118||$1,032||$86|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 4WD||$246||$420||$362||$22||$108||$1,158||$97|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$264||$472||$396||$24||$118||$1,274||$106|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 4WD||$162||$282||$396||$24||$118||$982||$82|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$172||$264||$362||$22||$108||$928||$77|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 4WD||$294||$536||$396||$24||$118||$1,368||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in Aurora location which can modify coverage prices considerably.
Annual premiums comparing men and women in Aurora
The information below illustrates the difference between GMC Canyon insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims or violations, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
An analysis of deductible level
The example below demonstrates how deductible levels and can affect GMC Canyon premium costs for each different age category. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Discounts for cheaper car insurance quotes
Car insurance can be pricey, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates so long as you haven't had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags could see savings up to 30%.
- Low Mileage - Driving less could earn cheaper premium rates.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Life Insurance Discount - Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- Home Ownership Discount - Just being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being deployed with a military unit may lower your premium rates slightly.
- College Student Discount - Older children who live away from home at college and don't have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
Keep in mind that some credits don't apply the the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
If you would like to choose from a list of providers with discount car insurance rates in Colorado, follow this link.
When should I talk to a local insurance agent?
Certain consumers just want to have an agent's advice and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Aurora who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. You won't need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent directly to your email. Get lower rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to compare rates for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Selecting an company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- What companies can they write with?
The different types of car insurance agents
If you are searching for local Aurora agents, there are two types of agencies from which to choose. Agents in Aurora may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company's rates such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to compare other company's rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Aurora that are able to give price quotes.
These agents are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. When searching for an agent, you should always get quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below are Aurora independent agents that are able to give price quote information.
What Determines GMC Canyon Insurance Prices?
Lots of things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, although others are more transparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
The list below includes most of the major factors used by companies to determine prices.
Influences performance influences auto insurance costs - The make and model of the car you need to insure makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. Since the GMC Canyon is classified as a pickup truck, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price when compared to the average rates in Aurora. Smaller low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Get hitched and pay lower costs - Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums compared to being single. Having a spouse translates into being more mature than a single person and it's statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Save money by having multiple policies - The majority of insurance companies will give a discount to policyholders that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you're getting this discount you still need to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal.
Incidental coverages can add up - There are quite a few additional coverages that can add up on your Canyon policy. Things like rental car reimbursement, towing, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but if you don't need them remove them and pocket the money.
Never let your coverage expire - Going without insurance is a fast way to pay more for auto insurance. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines and jail time.
Deter theft and pay less - Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart theives such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
Keep the miles off and save - Driving a lot of miles in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. Incorrect rating for your Canyon can result in significantly higher rates. Make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet correctly shows the right rating data, because it can save money.
Insurance loss statistics a GMC Canyon - Auto insurance companies factor in historical loss data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that the data shows to have higher losses will have higher rates.
The table below demonstrates the collected loss data for GMC Canyon vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probablilty for all vehicles as a whole is set at 100. Numbers under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendancy for losses to be larger than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for GMC Canyon Models
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|GMC Canyon Crew Cab 2WD||54||88|
|GMC Canyon Crew Cab 4WD||44||71|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Even though Aurora Canyon insurance rates can get expensive, buying auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it's most likely the lender will require you to buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your GMC at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your GMC and your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $700 annually so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
One last note
Cheaper auto insurance in Aurora can be found both online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
When you buy Aurora auto insurance online, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn't have enough coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read in these articles:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Littleton, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Arvada, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)