Paying for expensive Chrysler Town and Country insurance in Denver can diminish your accounts and possibly require postponing other expenditures.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never even compared rates from other companies. U.S. drivers could cut their rates by about $859 a year, but they assume it's a waste of time to shop around.
Insurance companies such as GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm all claim big savings with advertising and it is difficult to sift through the bull and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you're already insured, you will most likely be able to lower your rates using this strategy. Choosing the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Denver is much easier if you have a good place to start. Although Colorado consumers must comprehend the way companies calculate their prices.
Affordable Denver auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in a way that's easy to find, so here is a list some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Multiple Vehicles - Having several vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Government Employee Discount - Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Memberships - Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on auto insurance.
- Claim-Free Discount - Drivers who don't have accidents can save substantially as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of more than 20%.
- Low Miles Discount - Keeping the miles down on your Chrysler could qualify for cheaper rates.
- Denver Homeowners Discount - Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Bundle and Save - When you combine your auto and home insurance and insure them with the same company you may save up to 20% off your total Town and Country insurance premium.
- Senior Citizens - Mature drivers may receive better auto insurance rates.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that's just not realistic.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- MetLife may have discounts that include multi-policy, good student, good driver, claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for multi-car, anti-theft, multi-policy, good student, and ease of repair.
- Nationwide offers discounts for business or organization, good student, defensive driving, accident-free, and family plan.
- GEICO has savings for federal employee, military active duty, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, and seat belt use.
- AAA has discounts for anti-theft, AAA membership discount, multi-car, education and occupation, and good student.
When quoting, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in your area. To choose auto insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Denver, follow this link.
How to buy Chrysler Town and Country insurance in Denver, Colorado
Many insurance companies provide prices on their websites. Getting online rates for Chrysler Town and Country insurance in Denver is quite easy as you just enter your required coverages as requested by the quote form. Once entered, the system requests credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information. This simplifies rate comparisons, and it's also necessary to perform this step if you are searching for a better rate.
To quickly find out how much you're overpaying now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you replicate the coverages as shown on your current policy. This helps ensure you will have rate quotes for similar coverage.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Town and Country LX||$266||$432||$362||$22||$108||$1,190||$99|
|Town and Country Touring||$294||$562||$338||$20||$102||$1,316||$110|
|Town and Country Signature||$264||$448||$338||$20||$102||$1,172||$98|
|Town and Country Touring Plus||$244||$424||$362||$22||$108||$1,160||$97|
|Town and Country Limited||$296||$546||$286||$16||$86||$1,230||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in vehicle location which can lower or raise rates considerably.
Impact of age and gender on auto insurance rates
The information below shows the comparison of Chrysler Town and Country insurance prices for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Save Money with These Tips
When buying insurance it's important to understand the rating factors that help calculate the rates you pay for insurance. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get better insurance rates. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but others are more transparent like where you live or your commute time.
- Save by driving vehicles with better crash test results - Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Chrysler Town and Country has ratings of a minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Do you have a demanding job? - Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupational choices like military generals, executives and financial analysts generally have higher rates than average due to stressful work requirements and long work hours. Other occupations such as professors, historians and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
- Premiums go up with performance - The make and model of the vehicle you own makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest premiums tend to be for low performance passenger vehicles, but there are many factors that impact the final cost. Due to the fact that the Chrysler Town and Country is a van and minivan, rates will be similar in price than the average rate where you live in Denver.
- Insurance costs and driver gender - Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. This data doesn't prove that males are worse at driving than females. They both cause accidents in similar percentages, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 generally have the highest accident percentage so it costs more to insure them.
Car insurance quotes from local neighborhood Denver car insurance agents
A lot of people would rather buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is especially important in Denver.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
The difference between Denver auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents to choose from. Insurance agencies in Denver are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to get quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison.
The following is a partial list of independent agents in Denver that can give you rate quotes.
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are Denver exclusive insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
Selecting a insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- How often do they review coverages?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Denver?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Colorado?
Car insurance is an important decision
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Chrysler in Denver, paying for car insurance is required for several reasons.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Town and Country, it's most likely the lender will require that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the bank may insure your Chrysler at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, car insurance preserves both your Chrysler and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having car insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in Colorado is wasting up to $825 a year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Frequent quotes can save
Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agencies. Cheaper Chrysler Town and Country insurance in Denver can be found both online and with local Denver insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis.
As you prepare to switch companies, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Veterans in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Lakewood, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)