Want a free price quotes on the cheapest Chevy Volt insurance in Colorado Springs? Pricey insurance in Colorado Springs can sap your personal savings and force you to tighten up your finances. Doing a rate analysis is an excellent way to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
A study showed that most insurance customers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never compared quotes from other companies. Colorado drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the benefits if they bought a different policy.
You have multiple insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, it makes it harder to locate the cheapest rates for Chevy Volt insurance in Colorado Springs.
It is always a good idea to do price comparisons on a regular basis because insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the lowest rates on Chevy Volt insurance in Colorado Springs a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because we're going to show you one of the easiest ways to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Just remember that comparing a wide range of rates will enable you to find better pricing.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Colorado Springs, CO. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Chevy with a loan, almost all lenders will require that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $825 a year so compare rate quotes every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
What Affects Chevy Volt Insurance Costs?
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help determine your premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
The items below are some of the factors that factor into your rates.
Where you reside factors in - Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect when talking about auto insurance. People who live in big cities tend to have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Less people means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Influences performance influences prices - The type of vehicle you drive makes a big difference in your rates. Since the Chevrolet Volt is a passenger car, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower as compared to the average rate in Colorado Springs. Low performance passenger models generally receive the lowest base rates, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Pay more by driving carelessly - Only having one chargable violation could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have gotten flagrant tickets such as reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
High stress occupation may mean higher prices - Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations like military generals, architects and financial analysts tend to pay higher rates than average because of intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Other careers such as scientists, historians and performers receive lower rates.
Chevy Volt insurance loss probability - Insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher premium rate. The data below shows the historical loss data for Chevy Volt vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehiclescombined as an average is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or tendancy to have higher losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Volt Models
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Volt Electric||89||83||81||71||73||90|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper Colorado Springs auto insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before being credited. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying auto insurance coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Liberty Mutual and GEICO will forgive one accident without raising rates if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Distant Student - Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Driver Safety - Taking a defensive driver class is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you cheaper Volt insurance.
- Payment Method - By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won't be that lucky. Any amount of discount should help reduce the premium cost.
A list of companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for driver training, renewal discount, youthful driver, good student, multi-policy, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include exclusive group savings, safety features, new graduate, good student, and new move discount.
- State Farm includes discounts for good student, defensive driving training, multiple policy, passive restraint, and anti-theft.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for safe vehicle, paid in full, anti-theft, paperless, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for daytime running lights, membership and employees, federal employee, seat belt use, defensive driver, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, homeowner, teen safety rewards, drive less, bundle discounts, and safe driver.
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply everywhere. To choose companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Colorado, click here to view.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When selecting the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether or not you may require specific advice.
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Compare prices but still have a local neighborhood Colorado Springs car insurance agent
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a personal choice. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Colorado Springs that provide free Colorado Springs car insurance quotes for your business. You don't have to contact any agents since price quotes are sent to your email. It's the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best provider should depend on more than just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How long has the business existed?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- If they are an independent agency in Colorado Springs, which companies do they recommend?
Different types of car insurance agents in Colorado Springs
If you're trying to find a local Colorado Springs insurance agency, it's important to understand the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Colorado Springs are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only write with one company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Colorado Springs who can help you get price quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you include rate quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Colorado Springs who can help you get comparison quotes.
ALINK Insurance Services- Colorado Springs Location
2407 W Colorado Ave - Colorado Springs, CO 80904 - (719) 473-6262 - View Map
Quote more to save more
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to compare Chevy Volt insurance auto insurance rates in Colorado Springs. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Colorado Springs car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
While you're price shopping online, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, lack of trust in their agent, denial of a claim and high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read at these sites:
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Colorado Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Boulder, Colorado? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Greeley, Colorado? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Security-Widefield, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)