Want to know an easy way to compare more competitive Buick LaCrosse insurance in Aurora? Searching for budget Aurora Buick LaCrosse insurance quotes may be difficult for drivers new to shopping for insurance on the internet. With literally dozens of companies competing online, how are drivers expected to possibly compare every car insurance company to find better rates?
A recent car insurance study revealed that 70% of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Consumers in Colorado could save almost $605 a year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
It's a good idea to price shop coverage periodically since prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the lowest rates on Buick LaCrosse insurance in Aurora on your last policy a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you're about to find out the fastest and easiest way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Verify you're getting every discount
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not really a discount, but companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO will let one accident slide before raising your premiums as long as you don't have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Early Payment Discounts - By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Successfully completing a class that teaches safe driver techniques could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Multi-car Discount - Drivers who insure more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Senior Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Fewer annual miles on your Buick can earn substantially lower prices.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being deployed with a military unit may lower your prices slightly.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Large car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- GEICO has discounts for federal employee, anti-lock brakes, good student, anti-theft, seat belt use, and military active duty.
- Travelers may include discounts for student away at school, multi-policy, save driver, payment discounts, IntelliDrive, home ownership, and driver training.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include multi-policy, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, business or organization, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for early shopping, distant student, good student, electronic funds transfer, teen driver, switch companies, and business and professional.
- Esurance may offer discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, renters, good driver, defensive driver, and good student.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good student, driver's education, multiple policy, multiple autos, anti-theft, and passive restraint.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including multi-policy, location of vehicle, good driver, accident-free, good student, age of vehicle, and professional/association.
Double check with every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders everywhere.
The quickest method to compare insurance rates in your area is to realize auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is give them some information including how you use your vehicles, if you are currently licensed, how many miles driven, and level of coverage desired. That rating information is instantly submitted to many highly-rated insurers and they return cost estimate within a short period of time.
To compare rates for your Buick LaCrosse now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Colorado. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lacrosse CXL AWD||$294||$630||$338||$20||$102||$1,384||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can influence prices significantly.
How accidents and tickets impact rates in Aurora
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and accident claims influence Buick LaCrosse annual premium costs for each age group. The data is based on a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The information below shows the difference between Buick LaCrosse auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Colorado. The premiums are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no exact rule to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Buick LaCrosse book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $700 a year for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Premiums by gender and age
The example below illustrates the comparison of Buick LaCrosse car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no violations or accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but others are less apparent like where you live or your commute time. It's important that you understand some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find big savings.
Vehicles with better crash test results means better prices - Safe vehicles tend to be cheaper to insure. Safer cars reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates.
Tickets inflate costs - Whether or not you get tickets has a huge affect on how much you pay. Only having one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
Good credit means lower costs - Credit score can be an important factor in determining your rates. Insureds with excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower ratings. If your credit rating could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Buick LaCrosse by improving your rating.
Deter theft and reduce premiums - Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system can help prevent your car from being stolen.
Do you have enough liability insurance? - Liability insurance will protect you if ever you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Insurance loss probability for a Buick LaCrosse - Companies analyze past claim statistics when determining insurance costs. Vehicles that are shown to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more for coverage.
The data below shows the collected loss data for Buick LaCrosse vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probablilty for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, equals 100. Values that are 100 or less imply a favorable loss record, while values that are 100 or greater indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Buick LaCrosse Insurance Loss Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Buick LaCrosse 2WD||96||85||93||100||109||92|
|Buick LaCrosse 4WD||101||92||113|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
How much auto insurance do I need?
When buying adequate coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Does my Buick LaCrosse need full coverage?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
If you can't answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Don't I need to get advice from a local insurance agent?
Many people prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is you may find cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Supporting small agencies is definitely important in Aurora.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to companies in Aurora who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You never need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you are searching for a local Aurora insurance agency, there are a couple of different agency structures that you can select. Car insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get quotes from at least one independent agent for the best price selection. They often place coverage with small mutual carriers that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Aurora who can help you get rate quotes.
- Dickson Insurance Agency
4093 S Olathe Ct - Aurora, CO 80013 - (303) 693-1936 - View Map
- Premier Insurance
2241 S Peoria St # 202 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 337-3600 - View Map
- A All City Auto Insurance
9720 E Colfax Ave - Aurora, CO 80010 - (303) 364-0555 - View Map
Agents of this type can only provide one company's prices such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often use the same agent partially due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Aurora willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Robbie Wright - State Farm Insurance Agent
3091 S Jamaica Ct #130 - Aurora, CO 80014 - (303) 597-1997 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Mark Graham
1450 S Havana St Ste 308 - Aurora, CO 80012 - (303) 755-2600 - View Map
- Melissa Kitowski - State Farm Insurance Agent
13750 E Rice Pl Ste 101 - Aurora, CO 80015 - (303) 680-6666 - View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Aurora?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
Insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Buick LaCrosse in Aurora, paying for insurance is required in Colorado but also provides important benefits.
First, most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Buick LaCrosse, almost all lenders will require you to buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Buick at a much higher rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Colorado is overpaying more than $865 each year so it's important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Compare car insurance prices regularly to save
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers or even poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
You just read a lot of tips how to save on Buick LaCrosse insurance in Aurora. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Aurora auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
Cheaper Buick LaCrosse insurance in Aurora is available both online as well as from independent agents in Aurora, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found in these articles:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Broomfield, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Colorado? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda CR-V in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)