Would you like to find more competitive Audi R8 insurance in Denver? Are you regretting the purchase of high-priced Audi R8 insurance in Denver? You're preaching to the choir because there are a lot of people in Denver just like you who feel imprisoned by their insurance policy.
Unbelievably, over 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in Colorado could cut their rates by approximately 35% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't understand how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
You have so many insurers to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, more choices can make it harder to compare rates for Audi R8 insurance in Denver.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Denver is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you are insured now, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the concepts you're about to learn. Although Colorado vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of the methods companies use to sell insurance online.
When shopping for Audi R8 insurance in Denver there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes from many available insurance companies in Colorado. The easiest way by far to do a complete rate comparison involves getting comparison quotes online.
Getting rate quotes online is very simple and it makes it obsolete to spend your day driving to insurance agencies in your area. Quoting Audi R8 insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless your situation requires the extra assistance of a local agency. Some companies do allow you to compare online quotes but have your policy serviced through an agent.
When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing all the rates in your area gives you a better chance of getting the best price.
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Denver, CO. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|R8 4.2 Quattro||$494||$1298||$368||$22||$110||$2,292||$191|
|R8 4.2 Quattro||$466||$1100||$474||$28||$142||$2,210||$184|
|R8 5.2 Quattro 10Cyl||$490||$1038||$358||$22||$108||$2,016||$168|
|R8 5.2 Quattro 10Cyl||$330||$850||$396||$24||$118||$1,718||$143|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Colorado minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can affect premium rates substantially.
Age, gender, and Audi R8 insurance
The chart below compares Audi R8 car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Liability only or full coverage
The illustration below shows the difference between Audi R8 insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The data is based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There isn't a written rule for eliminating physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's say your Audi R8 replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $800 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Auto insurance companies don't always publicize every policy discount very well, so the list below details a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy Denver car insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- E-sign Discounts - A handful of larger companies will give a small break for buying your policy on your computer.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Mature drivers can get a slight reduction on a Denver car insurance quote.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Organization Discounts - Being in a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount on insurance.
- Smart Student Discounts - Excelling in school can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you combine your home and auto policies with one company you will save up to 20% off your total R8 insurance premium.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Large insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- American Family offers discounts including good driver, accident-free, good student, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, and early bird.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for driver training, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, renewal discount, youthful driver, safe driver, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm has savings for safe vehicle, good student, multiple policy, good driver, student away at school, accident-free, and multiple autos.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including IntelliDrive, payment discounts, home ownership, new car, and good student.
- The Hartford may include discounts for defensive driver, good student, driver training, bundle, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, air bags, military active duty, defensive driver, and seat belt use.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Denver car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. To find insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Denver, click here to view.
Insurance is not optional in Colorado
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure an Audi in Denver, buying insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your R8, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Audi at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $810 a year so shop around at every policy renewal to save money.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- What policy terms are available?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Auto insurance agents can help
Some people still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information is immediately sent to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered to your email. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Colorado?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Denver
If you want to buy auto insurance from a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agents in Denver can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are trained well on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below are exclusive agencies in Denver willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below are Denver independent insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
Upon getting reasonable responses and locked in a price quote, it's a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles.