Would you like to buy low-cost Audi A7 insurance in Fort Collins? Finding cheaper Fort Collins car insurance quotes online may seem to be difficult if you've never compared quoting online. But don't surrender to high rates because we're going to show you how to find affordable Audi A7 in Fort Collins.
A recent survey discovered that the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. With the average car insurance premium being $1,810, Colorado drivers could pocket up to $605 a year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they changed companies.
You should make it a habit to price shop coverage every six months because prices change frequently. Just because you found the best deal on Audi A7 insurance in Fort Collins at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. There is too much inaccurate information about A7 insurance online but by reading this article, you're going to learn a bunch of ideas how to quit paying high car insurance rates in Fort Collins.
To get affordable Audi A7 insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to get quotes from insurance companies in your area. One of the best ways to compare rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing more quotes increases your odds of finding more affordable rates.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Fort Collins, CO. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lower your insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available that may help make it more affordable. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but a few must be specifically requested in order for you to get them.
- Accident Free - Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates as opposed to policyholders that have many claims.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- New Vehicle Savings - Insuring a new A7 can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Defensive Driver - Completing a course in defensive driver could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted price on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
A partial list of companies that may include many of the previously listed discounts include:
If you need the cheapest Audi A7 rate quotes, ask all the companies how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in Fort Collins.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Fort Collins auto insurance agent
Many drivers would rather get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Fort Collins who will return price quotes to get your business. You won't need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent immediately to you. You'll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
When researching a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agencies are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only place business with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are unable to compare other company's rates so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand rather than low price.
Shown below are Fort Collins exclusive agents who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Greg L. Howell
816 S College Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 482-2200 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - David Stansfield
5125 S College Ave b - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 204-0020 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Lesa Ringkjob Agency Inc
375 E Horsetooth Rd Bldg 6100 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 223-0940 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you contact a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. Most can insure with small mutual carriers that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Fort Collins that are able to give price quote information.
- A Adam Sater Agency
1719 E Mulberry St - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 663-5811 - View Map
- Skies West Insurance Agency, inc
1531 Riverside Ave - Fort Collins, CO 80524 - (970) 223-7611 - View Map
- Brown and Brown Insurance
4532 E Boardwalk Dr #200 - Fort Collins, CO 80525 - (970) 482-7747 - View Map
If you feel you receive positive feedback in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it's a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly insure your vehicles.
Fort Collins Insurance Premiums are Influenced by These Factors
Multiple criteria are considered when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not as apparent like where you live or your vehicle rating. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the factors that go into determining your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with big savings.
- High comp and collision deductibles equal low rates - Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are required to spend in the event of a claim. Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be rearending another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Premiums drop with age - Teenage drivers in Colorado are known to be inattentive behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a teenage driver to your policy can be quite pricey. More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
- Prices go up with performance - The performance level of the vehicle you are insuring makes a significant difference in your rates. The most favorable rates are usually for smaller low performance passenger vehicles, but there are many factors that impact the final cost. Since the Audi A7 falls in the luxury sedan class, insuring your vehicle will cost more than the average rate where you live in Fort Collins.
- Car insurance liability coverage limits - The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage when you are found liable for an accident. It provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Pleasure use saves money - The higher the miles on your Audi each year the more you'll pay to insure it. A lot of companies price each vehicle's coverage based upon how much you drive. Autos that do not get driven very much get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having the wrong rating on your A7 can cost quite a bit. Verify your declarations sheet states the correct driver usage.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy - Some insurance companies will give lower prices to insureds that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you're getting this discount you still need to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Drivers may still save even more than the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
- Lower rates with alarms and GPS tracking - Buying a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Systems that thwart theives such as GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- Audi A7 claim data - Insurance companies analyze historical claim data to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that the data shows to have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages. The data below shows the loss history for Audi A7 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is considered to be 100. Values below 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Audi A7 Models
Specific Audi Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A7 4dr 4WD 207 76 208 50 49 76
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance protects more than just your car
Even though Fort Collins A7 insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Colorado these limits are 25/50/15 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $15,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Audi, most banks will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Audi at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so compare rates each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
You can find cheap coverage
Lower-priced auto insurance in Fort Collins can be bought from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Fort Collins agents, so you need to shop Fort Collins car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don't offer online rate quotes and many times these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent, high prices or being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right auto insurance provider can be easier than you think.
We just showed you a lot of information how to compare Audi A7 insurance prices in Fort Collins. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Fort Collins car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
Additional auto insurance information can be read at these links:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Colorado Springs, CO? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Commerce City, Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Colorado Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Colorado? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)